[1.54 Stable - Ground] Wierd LOS @ Carrier

Snuck along the side of a carrier to take the sneaky entrance. Suddenly taking sniper fire, figured it was some Harridan further along so went further. Turns out he was firing from the 4th level/3rd floor (the bridge think), I had LOS/LOF as well and asumed it had to do with the wall not yet rendered, went closer and rendered it but he kept shooting.

At this point I thought there were hidden windows so pulled back and joined the main force having entered through a frontal assault. I'm still taking fire on the inside, and based on the angle, through several floors (the next room was empty).

Or is there something aboute carriers I've overlooked?

[ATTACH]6155[/ATTACH]

First shot came akin to this

1.jpg

And the last one came like this

2.jpg

Aut.sav

1.jpg

2.jpg

Aut.sav

1.jpg.73a95931e2d907e09043c8dd70695941.j

2.jpg.4ce4eaa8fd61b75b2bf5e3513c960314.j

Edited by Klique

In the save you provide there is actually a Harridan outside the Carrier (the small door to the left). He's probably the one that was shooting at you; I wonder if he'd somehow managed to get inside the outer walls of the ship. It's hard to tell without an earlier save, but....well, see the image below:

carrier_assault.jpg

I suspect he used his jetpack to get up there, so I'll block off those spots in the level editor.

carrier_assault.jpg

carrier_assault.jpg.2509dfaf8c0b606fc75e

In the save you provide there is actually a Harridan outside the Carrier (the small door to the left). He's probably the one that was shooting at you; I wonder if he'd somehow managed to get inside the outer walls of the ship. It's hard to tell without an earlier save, but....well, see the image below:

;picture;

I suspect he used his jetpack to get up there, so I'll block off those spots in the level editor.

I think that would be good fix. The same thing happened to me on an industrial carrier map, where an harridan was standing on the outside of the carrier walls, 3 floors up just shooting from the air. Didn't screen capture since I didn't think of it as a bug, but it was certainly pretty awkward (and he managed to kill my 100 TU sniper :( )