Returning player, 2 questions about possible CE fixes

Nibelung44

Hi there!

I'm returning to the game after 6 months of so of not playing it. I see a lot of goodies put into CE so let me first thanks llunak, the others devs if any helping him, and all the modders!

I made my own custom modifications to play the game the way I liked it. I stumbled on some buggy things at this time. Can someone tell me if they are fixed or soon fixed in CE?

1. The jetpack armor had bugs in animations, depending of the weapon used or the facing of the armor.

2. When overdamaged, you were still able to get back the armor.

3. When modding the game so that some ammos were not infinite, you were provided with +1 ammos per weapon using it at the end of each mission. i.e I modded laser to have manufacturable (is it a word?) ammos, each time I ended a tac mission, I got extra ammos, 1 per weapon using laser ammos.

I think that's all for now. If I think of others troubles I encountered while modding the game, I'll put them there. I'm very curious about the bugs above though. Thanks !!

1. As i remember they fixed jet pack armour animations but i didnt use it, i dont like flying armours..

2. Maybe CE team do something about but not game breaking..

3. Games bigest fail is "ammo". You cant give special ammos to a weapon, aliens dont use ammo, your weapons ammo works nonsense.. Sorry devs but you failed this badly. A heavy GC game with so bad ammo control.. so nothing is perfect..

drages, if you want to soapbox then do it in your own threads. Please don't hijack someone elses when all they want are answers, not rants.

His answer for ammos is the game's ammo coding is fail, so u cant do anything with it. Sry if i was not clear with the "answer"..

Thanks for the answers, they are disappointing though, but I can understand that given CE is volunteer work, Xenonauts is now 'done' for goldhawk.

drages is certainly irritated and vocal on the issue, but I can understand that, when you spend hundred of hours modding a game (I did that a few years ago) and you constantly slam your head into this kind of limitations, you are sometime frustrated. On the other hand, if he keeps modding the game, this means he likes it! That's a kind of love-hate relationship I guess :D