No Cover for windows until destroyed

Hello again! I got a bug that is a lot more concrete this time! ^_^

Alright, so I've noticed that the objects that represent undestroyed windows in the industrial maps (not entirely sure about other maps) don't have any cover, while, after destroying said windows, they give the 50% cover (as initially intended presumably).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395359309

The windows in the print screen doesn't have cover, same with that little thing in the middle, the bus stop, with the windows, until they're destroyed. That's all there is to it, so I usually try to melee them down before taking cover to ensure protection, which is weird. I play the latest version on steam (1.54). I'm not entirely sure if this happens on other maps with windows, I can't remember atm!

Edited by theforgot3n1
Read bug report forumla

This isn't a bug per se: the windows are set up like that such that shots which pass through them will break the glass but also pass through. So it's a feature, or an unfortunate consequence of another feature anyway.

It is, actually, something which is fixed/improved in the community edition mod. I think the experimental build prior to the official release of v1.5 included that code but it wasn't working properly for some reason (possibly because the window spectres needed changing too). In any case, the result was that the feature was removed from the official v1.5 release. (At least, this is what I remember happening. But perhaps I am wrong).

This isn't a bug per se: the windows are set up like that such that shots which pass through them will break the glass but also pass through. So it's a feature, or an unfortunate consequence of another feature anyway.

It is, actually, something which is fixed/improved in the community edition mod. I think the experimental build prior to the official release of v1.5 included that code but it wasn't working properly for some reason (possibly because the window spectres needed changing too). In any case, the result was that the feature was removed from the official v1.5 release. (At least, this is what I remember happening. But perhaps I am wrong).

Ah okay... It's really unfortunate though, because it completely changes my way of playing out such maps because of it... both for good and bad, but mostly bad since I can use cover better. To be honest, I think the benefits of having 50% cover on these windows outweighs the cons of having soldiers need to melee windows/glass stopping bullets... it's gameplay vs aesthetics I guess.