Rocket Exploding in Place

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Rocket exploding right in place, blowing up the rocketeer (along with anybody standing next to, but not in front of, him - which just happened, and ended my insane ironman run. You know how I'm feeling right about now.)

379eb84b1d.png

Targeted that Sebillian with the rocketeer who was standing at the red spot - the point was to blow up the wall so that others can get a shot at him. And then ... yeah.

Not sure if this is a bug, or a part of the mechanics. But it sure goddamn blows.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Rocket exploding right in place, blowing up the rocketeer (along with anybody standing next to, but not in front of, him - which just happened, and ended my insane ironman run. You know how I'm feeling right about now.)

379eb84b1d.png

Targeted that Sebillian with the rocketeer who was standing at the red spot - the point was to blow up the wall so that others can get a shot at him. And then ... yeah.

Not sure if this is a bug, or a part of the mechanics. But it sure goddamn blows.

Don't you mean................ blows up........... :cool:

Is that in v1.5x? There's been some pretty odd miss behavior reported in the bugs section with shots going off at 90 degrees (like what seemed to have happened there) and things being destroyed off to one side when the projectile doesn't even go near them. So it could be related to that perhaps?

Not the square in front of him, but the square he was standing on, as you can see the red spot is right at the center of the explosion, and on the same line with the other 2 drop pods. It just exploded right away. This actually has happened before for me as well, though I didn't report it last time. However, both happened when I targeted an alien instead of anything else. So yeah, I wonder myself too. Been trying to reproduce it, but no dice.

Faulty USSR RPG-7 leftovers from the Afgan war ;) Remember the supposed 'special' hand grenades some extremist groups received from their 'benefactors' back then, rigged to explode instantly instead of the x-second delay fuse? :) Can't expect much from an old RPG launcher married to the futuristic fusion rocket. (Just trying to cheer OP up since there still is no explanation for the critical miss).

• 2 weeks later...

Ah... did you lose two heavily trained soldiers, ey?

Three, yeah. I was essentially just one click away from Dreadnought. I was training my entire team so that they could all get promoted to Commander/Colonel (can't remember) or at least have 100TU each because my experience with Dreadnought on Insane Ironman has never been pleasant. And boy does it take forever to train soldiers.

Three, yeah. I was essentially just one click away from Dreadnought. I was training my entire team so that they could all get promoted to Commander/Colonel (can't remember) or at least have 100TU each because my experience with Dreadnought on Insane Ironman has never been pleasant. And boy does it take forever to train soldiers.

Takes years... that feeling of losing them is so overwhelming, it's almost impossible to want to continue sometimes. I remember engaging a terror mission with 5 100 TU soldiers and a bunch of shielders. I was so heavily outgeared (they had cannons/reaper alpha while I had ballistic weapons and jackal armor) that my entire team crumbled apart and I lost the fight really hard, including three of the important guys. Went a new round right after it, couldn't keep going after losing so much.

Even more off-topic, but... INSANE IRONMAN? I'm here struggling for the third round with veteran ironman, and you got full predator armor on INSANE. xD Not able to see the damage they take must be really annoying. :D You should stream, I'd watch everytime.

Ahaha. Sure yeah. I was thinking of streaming/recording when I feel like starting another game. We already have a complete Insane Ironman run done by Dranak over here, you should give it a watch. Super epic run that was intense from start to end, I swear. Though his strategies are a lot more aggressive than mine (but also a lot more entertaining for streaming). I basically skipped Jackal/Wolf/Buzzard and Laser Weaponry altogether and had to make up for the lack of firepower with rocket launchers (because they're basically free) in order to have the fund and time for anything else.