Xenonauts V1.54 Stable Released!

I've put out V1.54 on Steam for both Windows and Linux. It's just a hotfix for a few more issues that have arisen in V1.5:

• Fixed a crash linked to corpse duplication when you stunned a mind controlled Xenonauts
  • Units that are stunned now take 1HP damage, which allows you to use a medikit on them to revive them
  • The Singularity Cannon now has a sell value, so should correctly appear in the base stores

I'll leave it up for a couple of days to check that it's not causing any additional issues (it's not been tested extensively) and if that is the case then I will roll it out to Mac and to non-Steam platforms too.

Thank you! But... http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/download only 1.51, not 1.54.

I think non-steam versions aren't out yet (and I think too Chris will tell us when it'll be the case, like for the 1.51)(and I saw that they seems to be including some more fixes, so I think it's normal if it's taking a little more time :)).

I'm on GOG, and I'm waiting for it (a lot) too ;)

Edited by Xardoz

Odd, I thought it was meant to be out on GOG - they asked me for the files and I sent them across.

I've not pushed it out everywhere because we are planning to release a V1.55 in the near future, but we're stuck on a couple of bugs at the moment :(

GOG just provided it ! :) (almost 1 hour ago) (by the way, thanks for the GOG patch ;))

Bug solving seems really hard. I want to thank you again for your support of the game ! Your efforts are really appreciated ! And personnaly, I infinitely prefer wait more time to have a better version.

Edited by Xardoz

I have updated Xenonauts to V1.54 that is named "stable"

Now I have the following problems I did not have before:

1. Xenonauts no longer supports 1280x1024 that is the native resolution of my LCD display

2. In air combat, Foxtrot interceptor sometimes does not lock torpedoes properly after some manual maneuvering, especially when afterburners are on. It flies around the target enemy vessel, but countdown does not start on torpedoes, and they are not fired.

2. In air combat, Foxtrot interceptor sometimes does not lock torpedoes properly after some manual maneuvering, especially when afterburners are on. It flies around the target enemy vessel, but countdown does not start on torpedoes, and they are not fired.

This happens if you (accidentally) right click on the air combat map when you have a plane selected. The right-click unlocks the plane's current target (the target indicator in the unit card on the right will be blank).

This happens if you (accidentally) right click on the air combat map when you have a plane selected. The right-click unlocks the plane's current target (the target indicator in the unit card on the right will be blank).

I mentioned that effect only with Foxtrots. I will look more thoroughly if I encounter that again, but that's unlikely that I right-click with Foxtrots selected, but not with other aircraft. Other aircrafts do not hesitate to fire whatever they have if they can.

Usually it happens when I maneuver around a large UFO with 2 aircrafts using afterburners. Eventually Foxtrot gets to the back of the UFO within a short range, and then UFO and Foxtrot begin rounding around each other, but torpedoes do not lock unless I disable afterburners, increase distance and then come back again (but if I fail on this, Foxtrot will be shot down).

I mentioned that effect only with Foxtrots. I will look more thoroughly if I encounter that again, but that's unlikely that I right-click with Foxtrots selected, but not with other aircraft. Other aircrafts do not hesitate to fire whatever they have if they can.

Usually it happens when I maneuver around a large UFO with 2 aircrafts using afterburners. Eventually Foxtrot gets to the back of the UFO within a short range, and then UFO and Foxtrot begin rounding around each other, but torpedoes do not lock unless I disable afterburners, increase distance and then come back again (but if I fail on this, Foxtrot will be shot down).

It's quite possible there's something else as well - I've done this plenty of times myself and assume that it's because I've right-clicked but there's a tendency not to notice until long after the fact (i.e. when your planes are getting shot down!). In any case, if you notice it happening (and in case you don't already know) just click on a UFO to retarget it. If you spot it early enough it might make everything ok.

(Hmm, actually, I wonder whether planes detarget when their current target is shot down? I've actually not looked for this before, but this would explain why it tends to happen with Foxtrots in larger fights - your combat plane will shoot down the alien fighters which the Foxtrots may have been targeting by default, thereby detargeting them.)

Once again: the effect with Foxtrots appeared immediately after upgrade to 1.54

I played my game, and on that stage air combats usually looked like this: Large or Medium UFO vs Condor + Foxtrot.

Once I have upgraded to 1.54 and continued my game, I began getting that problem I never got before. Surely, the upgrade did not make me begin right-clicking.

And I still want my native display resolution available again!

Once again: the effect with Foxtrots appeared immediately after upgrade to 1.54

I played my game, and on that stage air combats usually looked like this: Large or Medium UFO vs Condor + Foxtrot.

Once I have upgraded to 1.54 and continued my game, I began getting that problem I never got before. Surely, the upgrade did not make me begin right-clicking.

Honestly I don't know. But 1.54 didn't make any changes to air combat so it seems unlikely that a bug has been introduced. And I've suffered from what seems to be precisely the same issue as you've reported for many versions before 1.54.

As such, either of the suggestions I've made above might explain the problem you've encountered. I might be wrong - that's fine - but I'm sure it would be useful to keep an eye on the issue with those explanations in mind since if I'm right there's no issue and if not you'll be able to discount them explicitly (which would no doubt be useful for the dev-team to know if they're interested in looking into the matter).