I love this game, butt

-The aliens are cute when they vault over fences - Just like a human! Caesans do it gracefully with their svelte bodies, but those Sebilians will never qualify for the rhythmic gymnastic squad.

-I don't mind that the aliens are cloned or whatever because they were brought up with good manners and use doors instead of tearing a hole through sheet rock. Sure, Sebilians seldom ever knock before barging through the door, but that's just a Seb being a Seb. At least they're nice enough to not shoot through a flimsy wall at a Xenonaut's heat signature. (Androns, however, need to be re-programmed because, unlike their biological buddies, they seem unable to "grasp" the concept of a door knob.)

-All alien weapons are straight-line, requiring LOS. Did the Praetors leave their putrid gasses back home? No guided projectiles? No walking mines? The High Praeter should check T'leth.craigslist.org: "Deep Ones eager to vomit innards in a parabolic trajectory for a bucket of chum. Strictly platonic on first mission. After that, who knows?"

-There is no "i" in team, but apparently, there is plenty of "i" in aliens. Seeking individual glory, an alien will challenge my brave Xenonauts one-at-a-time. Wraiths are especially guilty of this, probably because their oversized lobes are susceptible to deep space transmissions of Rambo: First Blood. Pro-Tip from the Zergs: Overwhelming numbers!

In short, I wish the aliens were more alien. I wish they were less polite. I wish alien drones could fly and have 360 degree field of vision and firing arc. I wish Harridans could use their weapons while flying.

But, ultimately, my wish for a true X-Com successor did come true in Xenonauts, and for that, I am happy!

You want hard? Play Veteran @iron man

Screw up just a few missions and you will be facing an uphill battle! The pacing is very reasonable (but tough).

The different aliens employ different tactics too. The robots are relentless as they converge on you - if you haven't brought effective weapons against them then prepare to lift off. Think about it - they are fighting on YOUR territory, so you are bound to have the advantage in some things, at least initially!

Edited by ooey