[v1.51 Stable] Omnicidal Soldiers

I thought there was code in place to prevent soldiers from reaction firing at aliens if there was a substantial %chance to hit a friendly.

I just had a machinegunner unload an entire magazine into the back of the poor guy standing directly in the square in front of him because a couple of aliens decided to move around a bit on the edges of his vision.

Bump on this anyone? It keeps happening in the latest stable version. I have to spin my guys around to exhaust their TUs before ending turn in a hallway.

U can spam c to crouch them and up-down-up... heavy machine guns should have very low reaction fire..

I dont know about that code.. it would nice but this is X-Com style :)

AW-XCOMAccuracy.jpg

AW-XCOMAccuracy.jpg

AW-XCOMAccuracy.thumb.jpg.8e00bc1ceef7a9

I seem to remember Chris saying that this was either never fully implemented or was implemented brokenly (and never subsequently fixed). May well be wrong though.

I thought I remember it working at some point. Perhaps it was the broken implementation I was remembering.

This is a weird one; we definitely put the feature in to avoid the friendly fire but I'm not actually sure if it ever worked. It does seem to have become more pronounced in V1.5 though because of the odd miss behaviour, which we're also looking into (as a less-urgent matter).