Tweaking advice for "miss" in ground combat and base defence batteries

Raywalker

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been asked before (and if it has a link would be much appreciated:)) but I

have an issue with the on-hit miss indicator being show as #### after I update to 1.5.1 on Steam and soon after I added the community edition mod (RC .032) and various mods and run it through normal means.

I wanted to ask which file would I need to look to replace the "####" with a "miss" when an miss value is rolled. If it cant be fixed easily I will just make use of the community edition .exe.

The reason I ask was I wanted to see how the "miss" mechanic would work in a normal game, however if it is too much of an issue to quickly resolve then I am happy to play without it in the X:CE.

Another thing I would like to ask is where to find the base battery defenses stats as I want to tweak it to be a bit more old school X-Com, where the basic missile turret has a 50% chance to hit, lasers 60%, plasma 66% and MAGs 75% and to reduce the damage to compensate for the increased accuracy as I have the worse luck with the defense batteries where they are all or nothing affairs (for example having 4 plasma batteries and all miss).

I want the investment in defense batteries to feel more practical and to at least damage the crew a bit before an base attack mission.

Anyway I hope I haven't made a complete noob of myself and any help or links would be appreciated:)

Pity, would have added some smug satisfaction to the alien base assaults with the aliens dropping off small caesan/sebillian/andron "commando" teams instead of caesan/sebillian/andron death squads to wreck the base xD.

Kind of makes defences moot to build then if it is all of nothing affairs with a coin toss.

Seems money would be better spent on a garage, vehicles and soldiers if the aliens slip through.

Thanks for the reply and enlightenment :)

That's an idea, always bothered me a bit how the base assault ships could dodge a hyper-velocity MAG defence round, when a relatively slow MiG/Marauder Torpedo hits just fine xD

You are right about it.. it should be about numbers.. heavier ships needs heavier defences to stop it.. not about luck.. i will add this to X-Division too..

I don't know about balance, but with that, the player then has the choice to either tank up defences and lose out on potential tech and money for automating the base defence which will be a drain on the player's economy.

But if the player wishes to still do base defences they are free to do so by saving money and not spending on defences.

And maybe to add an idea to complicate things, perhaps have a cool down on defence batteries(like a damage debuff or something)(again probably be a lot of work but putting the idea out there) to still have the player be a bit pro-active in shooting down ufo's.

You can rise up the cost ad monthly salary of defences..

But there should be something special to gain with both terror and defence missions.. you can do it for terror but base attackers are same crew with the ufo.. so u cant add something special for the defender..

Could work as the sustainability of no alien base assaults would be set to important places and only viable for late game to have "perfect defence" which shouldn't be an issue if the player gets to that point.

Would be interesting if the aliens had special "demolition" experts in base defences who would be focused on damaging bases and perhaps adding a research topic like special explosives(like in xnt, gargol acid grenades) and the requirement would be something only the base assault explosive expert would have.

Seems the missions are going to get interesting then.

Having high value targets will encourage the player to leave alien bodies intact or renew the shock jockeys for live capture research.

Once I get some data( on prepaid internet on a data stick). I will be sure to download your mod, and look forward to the assassins and saboteurs. :)