Trying to drag magnum-nauts into version 1.5, but unsure how.

Lerzan

I've been asking some questions lately about xenonauts modding, and it's because I want to keep the mod magnum-nauts alive. I've tried the mod on the 1.5 version but it crashes when you place your first base. Is there something that needs to be updated for a mod to work with 1.5?

Its very huge mod.. it would be hard to update it without owner..

So if u want it so badly, i can advise u that start from beginning.. i mean start a fresh mod and take the contents by one by.. first weapon and manufactures then research and more... so u can have the opportunity to see what is wrong and where.. but it will a hell of a jop..

How have you been trying to install it? Overwriting files will probably break the game as the old files used by Magnumnauts won't all be compatible with the v1.5/XCE ones. Installing via the mod-merging system, on the other hand, will require adjustments to the files so as to make them work with that system.

After seeing both of your comments I think Drages might be on to something. Time Isn't a big deal due to a medical issue, it's doing what Kabill said and doing it properly, with the MMS .I was trying to drag and drop the assets folder into the 1.5 install.

My biggest issue is I just don't understand how the MMS works/how to implement it. I only know weapons because the tutorial held my hand the whole way through :)

After seeing both of your comments I think Drages might be on to something. Time Isn't a big deal due to a medical issue, it's doing what Kabill said and doing it properly, with the MMS .I was trying to drag and drop the assets folder into the 1.5 install.

My biggest issue is I just don't understand how the MMS works/how to implement it. I only know weapons because the tutorial held my hand the whole way through :)

As i always say, dot try to create everything your own. Take a mod from kabill.. for example his armory for weapons.. compare the files in it and at magnum.. you will see how the MMS working per weapon (its mostly 3-4 more words in front.. modmerge replace or update).. then clear the content in the files and start to add yours.. add a weapon and check it in game its working or not.. at first you will do very lame or important mistakes then it will get much more faster..

A mod is not different then drag/drop because mostly all the files are same only with some words about modmerging commands. Go step by step.. at every step, check all the stable mods at community.. kabills are enough.. he got different mods for every step..

You probably will only add MMS commands to files.. after you check some mods and see what its done, i dont think it will take so much time.. Just check the game if there is a problem so often.. sometimes u think u do it flawless and work whole day and when u check it doenst work without any clue.. so u should check or re do everything u done.. i made so many redo at x-division.. but it makes me better and better everytime.. i think its a patience issue too.. :)