V1.5 Experimental promoted to Steam Stable!

Even though I got it from gog, my bro says i can join steam, input the code and dl the update from there. Is that correct? I doubt it is.

I don't know what code you would put in. As far as I can tell the GoG version is totally DRM free and there is no unique code to be had..

Do you know, I can't remember if I had to put a code in so you may be right! I think I'll just wait for the release. My brothers says the improvements are very good though, so it's certainly worth upgrading. Hows about that for after service care then?!

Hmmm, I had an experimental branch enabled on Steam so yesterday I opted out of it, files updated but when game launcher opens it says my game version is from when the last experimental 1.5 was pushed out. is that WAD or should I get stable version from 26.1.?

If it should say 26.1. then how do I update it on Steam?

Thanx for any input.

We're in the process of getting everything uploaded to send out the links to our distributors this evening (or more likely tomorrow morning), but I doubt GOG or Humble Bundle will update us over the weekend. So I'm afraid you might have to wait until Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know how much more Chris could add to make a xen 2. The 1st one is pretty much perfect. The only things he could really add are in the details: for instance, I got to a dropship with a full squad of 8 + tank. The 3 sibilians in the control room killed all 8 of my troops (despite being clobbered by endless gas grenades/alenium grenades etc)! I would have loved the option to have the two men in the tank to jump out (gunner and/or driver) to carry on the fight, risking the loss of the Shrike and the tank.

This is what would push xen above the 90% mark towards the perfect example of its genre. I am still thoroughly enjoying it on Veteran Iron man mode (you can make mistakes, but not too many).

Edited by ooey

One would have thought though (maybe as a nod to Rebelstar) that an Alien Fortress would have an Armoury. Perhaps they do, and I just missed it. I ran out of equipment assaulting my first one (despite taking a lot of grenades) and just blew the reactor up. That would be something nice to add.