[v1.5] Geoscape - Clicking soldier inventory page in base freezes game.

Hi guys!

Have just registered here to inform you that I think I have a workaround for this problem. At least, I had the same problem as above and have been able to solve it in my game.

There appears to be a problem when updating from 1.09 to 1.5 under certain circumstances with soldiers assigned to dropships. I will describe my situation further down for the devs to look into. First off, my solution. It will only work if you still have a save game that was saved in V1.09:

-) If you are having a problem with assigning soldiers to dropships after updating to V1.5, or your game crashes when you go to, or do stuff in, the soldier equipment screen or the aircraft screen (where you assign positions on the dropship to soldiers), do the following:

-) Load the 1.09 legacy branch of Xenonauts via Steam (see this thread for details)

-) Start the game and load a savegame (only the savegames compatible with the 1.09 branch should show in your list)

-) Play the game until all your dropships are in their respective bases

-) Unassign all soldiers from all dropships in all bases

-) Save the game and exit

-) Go into Steam and revert to the regular current branch of the game (opt out of betas)

-) Start Xenonauts, load the game you saved and it everything should work again. You can reassign your soldiers to the dropships

Hope it works for everyone having trouble. Here is my situation when I encountered the problem, and my thoughts on what might be the matter:

-) When I first updated from 1.09 to 1.5, I had one savegame near the end of a mission and one right after the mission ended in the geoscape, with my (only) dropship en route back to base. After updating, the game worked in principle but clicking on the "aircraft" menu button would cause it to crash to desktop. Also, after my dropship (a Shrike) got back to base, the assignment menu showed the soldiers still assigned to the dropship but ALSO showed them as unassigned. I was unable to change any of these assignments, and trying to change the soldiers positions in the dropship would again cause a crash. I tried many things to no avail, but what finally did it for me was to run the legacy version and unassign all soldiers from the dropship before updating (see above). I don't know whether the problem is caused by the soldiers being out of base, or by the Shrike, or by something else. I use no combat vehicles (hunter scout car etc.) in this game. My assumption is that the issue must be an odd combination of factors or we would be hearing from more people with this problem, but I could be wrong.

If the devs want a savegame, let me know. Hope this helps.