Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Build V9.2 Released!

Post Build V9.2 Released!

Build V9.2 is released on Desura. This is mostly a stability / usability fix build, though it does have some new features:

New features:
    - There's a new air combat GUI that has been (mostly) implemented. We still need to do a few more tweaks on it, both in terms of visual and code issues, but it's nearly done. Key new features are: spanky new visuals, a throttle control that allows you to speed up / slow down aircraft, tooltips and more visual feedback on which weapons are ready to fire and when.
    - We've added a Toggle Roof button on the ground combat UI which you can use to display buildings at ground level, which should be useful if your soldiers are behind a wall and you can't see that. We'll look at getting this turning on and off automatically but you'll have to do it manually for now.
    - You can now manufacture the MiG-32 once it has been researched. You need an empty hangar slot to do this.
    - You can move soldiers, vehicles and aircraft from base to base using the new "Relocate" button on the Soldier / Vehicle / Aircraft Equip screens.
    - UFOs should now contain the correct research materials for you to be able to construct laser weapons and wolf armour again.
    - Friendly AI soldiers will now appear on the Industrial tileset. They don't do anything yet. We'll plug them into the AI for the next update.

Bugfixes:
    - The crash in June has been fixed up.

For the remaining bugs, I think we've fixed quite a few but I don't actually know - I'll get Matthew to give me an update next week on what should be fixed. Essentially he's doing crunch in his real job at the moment so he's not about, and he compiles the changelog as far as bugs are concerned. I think this should be much more playable than before though.

It'll be worth reading this post on what our plans are for the next couple of weeks. Should be exciting times for the project!
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

I am made up Chris. This is the first time I have been able to have a full play session without it freezing or crashing.
    Now that I seem to have got past the constant crashing I can see how good this game really is. I have found a few tiny bugs but nothing anywhere near game breaking.

Anyway, it has renewed my interest in Xenonauts and I am really looking forward to my next sit down and kill aliens session.

Congrats, this could be the best release to date, I love the new stuff especially the new icons on the interceptor display.

Awesome! Was hoping this build was going to be released. Now hopefully i can compile a new video my viewers can really sink their teeth into! Keep it up Chris and Everyone at Goldhawk!
    Life is like a video camera, you make your own movie every day.
    Let's Play Daily with xPDxTV

Squaddie
    I play some time and now all become feel like a war, not just testing or shooting range. And this significant more playable, i mean all this wrong animation stucks in prevous relises - i didn't saw any. Good work.
    Last edited by zzz; 03-26-2012 at 10:06.

New Air Combat GUI looks more...seriously ) I like it. Good job Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xPDxTV View Post
    Awesome! Was hoping this build was going to be released. Now hopefully i can compile a new video my viewers can really sink their teeth into! Keep it up Chris and Everyone at Goldhawk!
    I been watching all your Xenonaut videos. I was like "Hey, I recognise PDTV, its that dude!".

Youtube and streaming are the best ways of open advertisement for a game, especially streaming. Cant wait for the new videos PD

Kai.

forgive me if I am asking a stupid question, but is there a way to patch the game without Desura besides re-downloading the whole .zip? i know you guys probably don't need more build distribution trouble, but my internets is really slow... like to the point where a usb flash drive shipped by ups would be a faster method of data transfer.

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by superpirson View Post
    forgive me if I am asking a stupid question, but is there a way to patch the game without Desura besides re-downloading the whole .zip? i know you guys probably don't need more build distribution trouble, but my internets is really slow... like to the point where a usb flash drive shipped by ups would be a faster method of data transfer.
    I'm afraid not.

Chris new Scout crash site looks amazing )) I said in mind WOW Believe me - even playing Battlefield 3 I never used "WOW" And roof option is very usefull!

curses. couldn't we just pass the updated files around amongst ourselves?
    the mass of any game is in the art, music, ect, and I don't thing those change much.