Berserking

Seridus

So, soldier Bob gets shot, he has five health left and is bleeding. He takes a snap shot and then runs behind cover, where his fellow soldier patches him up using her handy dandy med-kit. The Sebillian that injured poor bob is eliminated moments later in a flurry of plasma, and I end my turn. Everything seems fine until Bob shoots the medic in the face, four times.

I guess I'm just not sure how berserking works mechanically. Yes, it's always a bummer when you lose a soldier to one of your own, but sometimes it just leaves me shaking my head. Not an alien in sight, and Bob was surrounded by his squad. He was able to murder his comrade so efficiently because he was looking right at her, because she had just saved him from bleeding out. The target was eliminated, Bob gets patched up, and only then does he go berserk. Not the turn before, where he's nearly dead, staring into the face of a gigantic lizard man.

I understand psionic attacks, I don't like them, but it makes sense. Say Bob was getting his brain corkscrewed, and goes crazy. I can handle that, and now i'm going to kill those aliens to death. It seems to me like when this sort of thing happens, it happens at point blank range, and it's nigh impossible to live through that. Maybe i'm just mourning right now, but I think berserking needs just a slight tweak.