Murphy's Laws in Xenonauts?

I just finished reading this very interesting article. I highly recommend you guys to click the link below if you don't know about Murphy's Laws on X-COM.

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Murphy%27s_Laws_%28X-COM%29

I'm wondering if Xenonauts will have the exact Murphy's Laws on X-COM and if so, hopefully some more will be added to the list.

Thanks.

All of them are exaggerations. what exactly is it you want with this thread? I'm not sure I get it.

PS. Murphys law is like the question about why the keys allways are in the last place you look. The answer is that you stop looking once you find them, and you only pay attention to murphys law when things go wrong.

They're all Murphy's Laws - something doesn't literally have to happen every possible time to be a Murphy's Law. That's the point - that's why it's a Murphy's Law rather than an immutable law.

Obviously the list posted does not actually occur very often in X-Com (you wouldn't be able to complete the game otherwise) but the point of it is that they happen often enough to get a sigh of recognition from most people who played the game.

I'm guessing one or three of those laws got added after they happened just once to fill out the list.

I'm still kind of hopeing for a clearification from Nightfire what he meant. If he seriously meant that bad things should happen literally all the time or simply be in the game like Chris says.

Heh, I've had most of the UfoD ones happen, except for the prox grenades ones of course. Not sure why that 3 second fuse one is there though.

And most of the Apoc ones too.

You can kind of know when you've played the series too much when you can go down the list pretty much constantly saying "yep, yep, yep".

• 1 month later...

Everyone is actually talking about Finagle's law, Murphy's true quote is a little hard to find but go's "If there are two or more ways to do something and one of those results in catastrophe, then someone will do it that way".