Having troubles with pre-order

Zmey

I ask you to excuse me if this issue was raised earlier. I could not find anything.

Well... Simply put, I can't register on Desura. It's not that I have something against, no. I just can't complete registration. Registration forms asks me to enable cookies in browser while they are already enabled. Dead end.

I know, I probably should ask about this issue somewhere on Desura forums or support. But why should I go through all these troubles while I'm only willing to support the game? Maybe I'm just a hot-tempered guy, but this situation drives me mad.

Why there are no other payment option?

Have you considered Kickstarter?

Will there be any other payment in future?

I would really-really love to give you money for this game. Please, tell me that there will be some other method of doing so. Because I know at least one guy who is as enthusiastic as me about the game, but most likely he will give up on this whole Desura business. And I'm sure there are more guys like him out there.

Right now I would be very grateful if you help me in any way, or at least tell me that I can support the project later via some other yet unannounced means.

Buy the way, I personally would like to have the game in my Steam library. Will it be possible?

Thank you for your time.

I wish all the best to the Xenonauts.

If all else fails, try Internet Explorer. I'm running AdBlock plus with both Chrome and Firefox and some other stuff that stops tracking, opts out and so on. Every once in a while I come across some site that doesn't work properly. Usually after opening them in IE I can do whatever I came there for to do. It's probably because of my paranoid settings most of the time.

The game might be available on Steam (the devs certainly intend so) but Steam is really picky sometimes, so there are no guarantees. I don't think it's realistic to show up there before final release, since I don't recall any indie game ever being accepted while in alpha or beta. Anyway, if you buy now on Desura you will get a Steam key (if you want one) whenever it gets accepted there.

Kickstarter might be a nice idea though, FTL is nearly finished and they still got on there just recently to raise some cash to finish and polish the game. So it works for stuff that's well on it's way too. Plus, I like the site since it's gonna give me a Wasteland 2 at some point in the future :D

Other methods of distribution will be likely closer to release.

Adding distribution methods while still in alpha is probably not high on the devs priority list.

Chris may decide to try kickstarter though, it has got to be worth a shot.

Hopefully people won't be sick of hearing about kickstarter by then.

Asking Desura about your problems will probably be a quicker way to get your pre-order up and running.

If you don't want to do that then you can always hang on and see if another method is in the pipeline.

If it works out for your friend to buy it he could allways buy an extra copy as a gift (and you give him money) and then he just shares the zip file to you. (It wont solve the problem with signing up/connecting to desura and you wont have any shiny forum badge... but you will ahve payed for it and have access to a copy.)