V1.5 Stable CANDIDATE 5 Released! (14th Jan)

We're hoping this is the final V1.5 Stable Candidate build that will be released onto the Stable branch on Steam and then pushed out to Humble Store / Desura etc (on Mac / Linux too). Until then, it's only available on the Experimental branch: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug where civilians being zombified out of the player's line of sight would disappear instead of turning into zombies (expect Sebillian terror missions to be significantly more difficult now).
  • Fixed a bug where mis-set window sprite would trap soldiers in place if they shattered it from an adjacent tile.
  • Fixed a crash when a building was collapsing twice (i.e. shooting an exploding enemy drone inside a building with an explosive weapon)
  • Fixed a crash when a unit carrying an explosive was killed and the resulting explosion injured another unit.
  • Fixed the final mission not ending correctly if your only remaining soldiers on the map were zombies and therefore dead.
  • Fixed a bug with the mouseover loadout images if the role had been customised.

As you can tell from the changelog, this is mostly a bugfix update. We're no longer adding new features etc; at this point we're just clearing up any remaining stability issues. Hopefully this update marks the last of them!

We'll leave this build on the Experimental branch over the weekend and see how we're doing in terms of bug reports on Monday, then make a decision on whether this is going to be the official V1.5 Stable or whether it needs another iteration.

Thanks Chris. Is it going to be possible to fix the two bugs I reported in the previous stable candidate release thread? http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12474-Xenonauts-V1-5-Stable-CANDIDATE-4-%288th-December%29-Released!

I provided save files. There's one where the game consistently hangs when I shoot a Reaper and it turns to face me. There's another with a LOS issue where I cannot see a mind controlled Xenonaut I should be able to see at the start of my turn. The mind controlled Xenonaut "appears" when I move.

Ah, missed them because they weren't posted in the bug forums. The first one (Reaper freeze) is indeed a bug that we'll look into, the second one isn't actually a bug but it's because the MC'ed soldier isn't visible from where you're standing. He appears when you move because if you move forwards you then get LOS on the tile - the same doesn't happen if you move backwards.

Thanks. The LOS is odd, because I'm very close to the mind controlled Xenonaut and I have 360 degree vision. But I've tried moving the other Xenonaut around and I agree it doesn't seem to specifically to do with mind control, it's just due to some unexpected LOS. Is this because the square immediately to the left of the mind controlled Xenonaut is considered to be part of the spaceship and to completely block LOS? This is not obvious from the graphics, where I was assuming that the tiles either side of the door was free for LOS purposes. In effect the outside wall of the spaceship seems to go in just outside the door, so you get this sort of effect (where XX marks the door):

:::XX:::

__| |__

In practice this seems to mean it is hard to see units just outside the door unless you're almost on top of them.

Edited by merlinme
Try to get characters to line up.