How do I make grenades have different throwing sounds?

NuclearStudent

I'm really confused by some of the odd restrictions Xenonauts has. For instance, I can't figure out how to give grenades different throwing sounds. I would love you guys forever if you could help me with that.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I can't just change an ordinary gun to shoot grenades. Any "grenade launcher" type weapon disappears from the inventory after being fired once.

I can't change an ordinary gun gun to shoot bullets that are retextured as grenades. I can't program bullets to fall in arcs like grenades do.

I can't directly change weapons_gc.xml to link to sounds other than "Grenade Throw" and "Grenade Explosion." My grenade explodes completely silently and there is no throwing sound at all.

There might yet be some way around it, but I've decided to let the project sit until something changes. I've wasted too much time on it.

Edited by NuclearStudent

Do you mean giving all grenades alternate throwing sounds or giving a certain class of grenade a separate throwing sound to other grenades? Because if you mean the latter, I don't believe you can do that.

I meant the latter, and I'm sad that it isn't possible.

I want short-range mortar tubes. To do this I either had to try to modify rocket launchers to shoot grenades or modify grenades to have longer ranges and look like rocket launchers.

It really makes no sense to me that changing sound files isn't appearing to do anything. The grenades look like their sound files are hooked up like normal weapons are.

Edited by NuclearStudent

uhm Im not sure how I feel about a crossinternet hug but I will give you this from the weapon_GC of xenophobia:

<Weapon name="weapon.m79" bulletType="rocket" emptySound="Empty Click 1">

<Ammos>

<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.40mmGrenade" type="incendiary" damage="50" stunDamage="0" mitigation="0" isOverdamage="1">

<Projectile spectre="projectiles/grenades/grenade_frag" speed="1000" showAfterDistance="60"/>

<Impact spectre="particles/smallgrenade/small_grenade" radius="1.5" sound="Weapon Frag Grenade" fireChance="40" smokeChance="33" gasType="GrenadeFragSmoke" />

hopefully that helps solve the sillend grenade problem~ i've put the relevant parts in bold~

well thanks for clearing it out max, so it looks like the mortar idea is a "no-no" kind of idea then :c.

Ps: sorry i bother you here..but now that you said you were the one who created the tank cannon stuff....do you think is possible to make a flamethrower weapon for a tank?

nonono , i mean, in x-division there where a flamethrower working, i was asking about a flamethrower weaponf FOR A TANK...its possible?.

There is no spoon wolf.. flamethrower is a burst gun with area damage with explosion gif using projectile. At this game if a bullet miss target, it goes forever.. there is no range limit.. so we try to manipulate a flamethrower, but if your flame misses, it goes absurd.

So with this trick ofcourse u can give iit to a vehichle..