How do I reinstall my game sprites without reinstalling the whole game?

Some of my game sprites are missing (a fact which greatly confused me as I was trying to mod the game.) As a result, my troops in Buzzard armour moonwalk backwards and my troops in Basic armour turn invisible in odd situations.

Is there any way of installing the game sprites without reinstalling the game period?

Are you using Steam? If so, you can reverify the game files so that it will check what's missing/altered and reinstall only the bits it needs.

If you've not done this before, open up Steam, right click on Xenonauts in your library and go to Properties. The reverify option is under the Local Files tab.

Are you using Steam? If so, you can reverify the game files so that it will check what's missing/altered and reinstall only the bits it needs.

If you've not done this before, open up Steam, right click on Xenonauts in your library and go to Properties. The reverify option is under the Local Files tab.

I have the game from GOG, so I can't use Steam to get the files.

I appear to be having a problem similar to this. I modded a weapon to use the alien plasma pistol spectres, and it shows up perfectly fine when they're wielding it in two hands, but when they get out a shield, they turn completely invisible. Opening the weapon.combatshield.alienplasmapistol folder shows that it is completely empty of all sprites, as are a handful of other shield combinations. Which mod did you use to get the vanilla sprites back?

Whenever I try to run that tool, it says that "xen_unpacker is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

And I'd assume that the folder being empty has something to do with it, because it's only the shield+alien pistol that makes my troops turn invisible.

EDIT: Never mind, I feel stupid. There IS no sprite for a shield + an alien plasma pistol. The vanilla game just defaults to a regular plasma pistol. Still though, I figured out how to use the unpacker, but it doesn't seem to work properly on the PNG file. It only unpacks up to the end of friendlyaitroops, and doesn't go down to xenonauts.

Edited by Fucille

And I'd assume that the folder being empty has something to do with it, because it's only the shield+alien pistol that makes my troops turn invisible.

EDIT: Never mind, I feel stupid. There IS no sprite for a shield + an alien plasma pistol. The vanilla game just defaults to a regular plasma pistol.

Ah, I see what you did now. If I'd worked that out earlier, I probably could have pointed you in the right direction. Sorry.

Still though, I figured out how to use the unpacker, but it doesn't seem to work properly on the PNG file. It only unpacks up to the end of friendlyaitroops, and doesn't go down to xenonauts.

What did you do to get it to work. I've not had any trouble with it myself.