Sniper firing unit %

fredkruge

In order to do the normal shot, it takes 49% TU's to fire. If your unit has an odd # of time units then you cant do 2 normal shots.

Example: 50 TU's . Normal shot takes 25 Tu's per shot.

If your unit has 49 TU's, each shot still takes 25 TU's (it rounds up with 49%), not allowing 2 normal shots.

In vanilla Xenonauts you can fire 2 normal shots without an issue.

If you put it at 49% for a reason, at least dont let it bog down soldiers with an odd # of TU's from being able to shoot 2 normal shots.

Which mod do u talk about?

Low tu shot named reaction shot.. Second snap and third snipe. So I advise u never use reaction shot at your turn because it's lower hit chance. Snipers mostly miss their reaction shots. I always use them as best as they can.

Edit: corrections made.

I dont think you understand what problem I am referring to.

This relates to the precision rifle.

Im referring to using Xenonauts: Community edition. In vanilla Xenonauts, a normal sniper shot takes 45% or 40% of your time units (I cant remember which). Meaning you can have 2 shots at the NORMAL accuracy level.

In xenonauts: Community edition, a normal precision rifle shot takes 49%. But the problem is the rounding.

Example: A soldier with 46 TU's, 49% is 22.54 TU's. But the game rounds it to 23 TU's to take a shot. So with 46 TU's you can fire 2 normal precision rifle shots.

But a soldier with 47 TU's, which is HIGHER than 46 TU's, a precision rifle normal shot takes 24 TU's for some reason. Making you unable to fire two normal accuracy shots for some reason.

This means a soldier with more TU's somehow has less shots. I feel there is a rounding error being made.

Something I suggest is to make the TU fire % to be 45% for a NORMAL accuracy precision rifle shot so your soldier is able to turn facing as well.

Edited by fredkruge

• 2 weeks later...