V1.5 Stable Experimental Mini-Patch Released!

For full details on V1.5 Stable Candidate 4, please read the release thread for that build: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12474-Xenonauts-V1-5-Stable-CANDIDATE-4-%288th-December%29-Released%21

I've just released a small patch for V1.5 SC4 which doesn't affect the gameplay; it just replaces some of the missing Extras files that were added to V1.09 after the Kickstarter. Because they were added after work began on the community edition of the game they never made it into X:CE, which means they were missing from V1.5.

This update just restores the /extras/ folder to the directory and also correctly includes the final version of the Developer Diary (previously V1.5 was using the obsolete placeholder document instead).

We're officially back in the office on Monday and we'll look at all the bugs etc that have been reported over the Christmas holidays then. Hope everyone had a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Hi there Chris.

I am posting here as I am an old school gamer that is very interested in this project.

I played UFO: Enemy Unknown and Terror from the deep and was delighted to see this remake in modern times.

I just wanted to know if there was any news on the final release of the patch?

Also whether this includes these two features from Xeonauts CE:

1. Be notified when your fighters are ready to fly another mission.

2. Cover information when moving lets you see from which directions your soldier would be protected.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Is 1.5/CE supposed to be availiable on Linux? I have selected experimental in Steam but no matter what I choose in the Betas tab I get 1.09 when I run Xenonauts. I'm trying to install a mod that requires the CE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Afraid not. V1.5 Stable will also be available on Linux when we release it on Windows in the next few weeks, but the experimental branch isn't.

Afraid not. V1.5 Stable will also be available on Linux when we release it on Windows in the next few weeks, but the experimental branch isn't.

Okay, thanks. Will the CE ever be available on Linux do you think?

And while I am typing, I'd like to thank you for making a fabulous game. :)