[X:CE 0.31+] A Storm of Tranquil Fury

Man of Doge

A Storm of Missiles is coming straight for your Two Condors which you thought would be perfect to handle a few Heavy Fighters, an Alien Interceptor downs your last Marauder because you thought it was immune to the full frontal firepower of two Alien Interceptors, and we all know the story of the Corsair Pilot that tried to shoot down all three Interceptors alone for the sake of protecting the Dropship...

Today, I present to you an Aircraft like no other! The X-125 "Tranquility" is a mid-to-late-game Electronic Countermeasures Aircraft armed with the "Quin" Plasma Web and a Heavy EMP Delivery System known as the "Serenity" Electronic Countermeasures Missile.

Oh, and those alien missiles? Provided you can keep such an expensive aircraft maintained you'll be fine.

Download (Version 1.3HF):

A Storm of Tranquil Fury

Installation Instructions:

Step 1 - Install the mod via X:CE's Launcher.

Step 2 - Activate the Mod.

Manual Installation:

Step 1 - Extract File to the game's "Mods" folder.

Step 2 - Boot up the launcher and activate the Mod.

Balance Notes:

-The X-125 "Tranquility" is balanced to be a Support Aircraft so don't be surprised if you 'accidentally' lose it because you were careless or didn't pay attention to where it was.

-Alien Interceptors turn roughly 3x faster than the Tranquility itself so don't be careless when engaging.

-The Tranquility's Missile Shield blocks one missile per second.

-Alien Fighters/Interceptors can fire more missiles than in Vanilla.

-The "Serenity" ECM Missile can bypass Missile Shields.

Changelog:

--1.1 (12/29/14): Buffed Alien Fighters/Interceptors and released the mod.

--1.3 (1/1/15): Tranquility's appearance, general specification and fuel capacity have all been updated.

Screenshots:

NOTE: These are the best screenshots I could get as image quality somehow decreases upon upload.

sprite0.jpg

How to properly deal with a Bomber...

sprite1.jpg

Slow-turning targets proving to be no match for the "Quin" Plasma Web!

sprite0.jpg

sprite1.jpg

sprite0.jpg.dfeda04fa717e0c4eefd93f7ce05

sprite1.jpg.dd73c5197cbf347502c84bde0580

Edited by Man of Doge

I can make new images for ur plane if u want but u named it fury already..

New art assets for the aircraft itself would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

And if you can get it to look like mix between a Fury and a Corsair; I'll let you implement this mod (and all of it's code and art assets) into your X-Division mod. :D

Does that sound like a fair trade? :3

Edited by Man of Doge

No need to make a trade.. i just wanted to help :)

But you need to search for it at net.. find a top view concept picture to fit to game.. i can handle all editing.. deviant art got tons of them.. i dont like to choose something for ppl.. its up to your imagination.

UPDATE 1.3:

Tranquility's 'general specification' info updated.

Tranquility's appearance has been updated with some sweet graphics provided by drages and haryopanji.

Tranquility has received a nice buff in it's fuel capacity in order to better represent the Singularity Core it uses.

1.3 HOTFIX:

[1/1/15 @ 5:22 EST]

Resolved a missing string issue related to the manufacture of a Tranquility Dogfighter.

To resolve that issue: Please re-download and re-install the latest version.

Edited by Man of Doge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
any chance for an update on the issue with not opening the zip in the steam mod launcher?

It's an issue with the Launcher/Game seeming to have issues with the extraction of Image files and not as a direct result of the mod itself. If there was some way I knew I could fix it, I would have. Sorry. :(