Higher Res Art Assets

Geers

The art in this game is utterly fantastic, every time I get a new research or intelligence report I spend a good few minutes just staring at it. However when I poked around in the game files the images were all something like 1280x800.

Are there any larger, 1920x1080+ versions anywhere? I'd love to stick them into my backgrounds folder.

Oh and while I'm here: Is there away to recover lost funding nations?

PS: non-animated gif avatars make Geers a sad panda :(.

Edited by Geers

Oh and while I'm here: Is there away to recover lost funding nations?

To answer this question of yours: sadly no it's not possible to recover a lost funding bloc, at least in the vanilla game. There might be a mod that does this but I'm not aware of any.

Edit: BAH. Ninja'd. Well played Dranak.

Some of the art is available in much larger resolutions, but only some of it - quite a few different artists worked on the Xenopedia artwork and a number of them just produced their work at the final resolution. Was there anything specific you had in mind?

Some of the art is available in much larger resolutions, but only some of it - quite a few different artists worked on the Xenopedia artwork and a number of them just produced their work at the final resolution. Was there anything specific you had in mind?

Not really. Mainly aircraft and mission types. Like that picture of the scout flying between navy vessels and the bombers taking out a highway... It all looks amazing.

But honestly I'll take anything you have available. I'd be happy to put pretty much anything from the Xenopedia in my backgrounds folder. In fact the only one I can think of that I wouldn't add is the the one for the Iceland Incident. Because it's just a map, with a dot. Not very interesting. Story behind it is though :D.

Hi gang.

So far, I have found five Lore+ images at higher than the resolution used in-game. These are now uploading to my mediafire account. Mediafire says 25 minutes to go.. so I'll report back then!

EDIT: Okay, I have uploaded the images. However, I am not going to post them here. The reason being is that a sizeable number of images I have posted either in mods or otherwise have been appropriated by other people so I am going to restrict their availablity. If you want these high-res images, PM me.

Edited by Max_Caine

Yes... that was kind of the point! :)

Some of the Lore+ art is available in larger resolutions, some are not.

You know, I've started my first playthrough with 1.5 beta so I had the Lore+ option on by default. And when I've got those posters with aliens units and UFO mission descriptions I thought "well, that's another point where Xenonauts wins over other X-Com remakes!"

I've never even realised it was done by the community =)

• 2 months later...
I've got a big copy of the main menu screen and the top-down aircraft art, and the armour images from the Soldier Equip screen. The other stuff was done at the size shown in-game.

I'm happy with that. ZIP file?