[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Well so far the idea and the base of the mod is great, lots of stuff to research, lots of new equipment which gives you a looot of terrain to maneuver in tactical, maaaybe a bit too much of micromanagement but that's ok as long as an experienced player you pay attention on how to invest resources.

But pretty much yeah, balancing is the only issue left in my opinion, we all understand the concept of an advanced alien civilization coming against us and the poor chances we would have... it'd be like Aztecs vs Castilians part II. But this is a game and I'm taking a loooot of damage real fast and from all sides.

Loving the new A.I. (I don't know if this is a mod thing or part of the vanilla) I was playing tactical and saw a Caesan behind a wall, then hid that first "witness" xenonaut, and then used another one to throw a gas grenade behind that same wall to hit the alien... he didn't get stunned and he wasn't amused so without breaking cover, he threw a grenade back, the same way mine came he thew one back and I was like... son of a b*tch! did he just threw one back like, go put that gas up your a**! (either way good job there, real good one).

Anyways this sounds reaaal good so keep it up!

Loving the new A.I. (I don't know if this is a mod thing or part of the vanilla) I was playing tactical and saw a Caesan behind a wall, then hid that first "witness" xenonaut, and then used another one to throw a gas grenade behind that same wall to hit the alien... he didn't get stunned and he wasn't amused so without breaking cover, he threw a grenade back, the same way mine came he thew one back and I was like... son of a b*tch! did he just threw one back like, go put that gas up your a**! (either way good job there, real good one).

Anyways this sounds reaaal good so keep it up!

im glad you like it :)

Thank you!

Just read that reactive AI thing in your signature, it is quite amusing I must admit. The whole thing was to use another unit that was not in the Caesan line of sight, approaching from a different angle and from the other side of the wall so I won't get my first guy shot dead.

The whole concept of "that first grenade came from there so I'm just gonna throw one the same way" was amazing, I mean... to me, to my guy on the ground well... he didn't enjoy being blown up I guess.

Just read that reactive AI thing in your signature, it is quite amusing I must admit. The whole thing was to use another unit that was not in the Caesan line of sight, approaching from a different angle and from the other side of the wall so I won't get my first guy shot dead.

The whole concept of "that first grenade came from there so I'm just gonna throw one the same way" was amazing, I mean... to me, to my guy on the ground well... he didn't enjoy being blown up I guess.

Heh.. yeah sometimes the AI makes me look stupid.. there are so many moments that "aha now i cornered them, attack!" and lost the first 2 running soldiers..

Ok so who's the evil genius behind this new A.I.? just happened to start a new tact mission in the military base map, as we all know they have wire fences and concrete walls, usually the corners of those "perimeter fences" are made with concrete so you won't see what's behind...

Well I proceeded to start getting close step by step saving TU's for some possible reaction shots, checked the fences for maximum visibility and decided that instead of wasting all of my TU's going the long way I'd rather throw a grenade at the fence and make a shortcut... well... behind that tiny corner that was at first, impossible to reach or see, was one single matured reaper, and I did just open for it (him or her?)a new path to my soldiers! he got a lot of reaction fire to be honest, but not enough to take it down, giving it enough time to infect 2 of my xenonauts.

Was that guy really lurking in there waiting for the best moment to strike? who's the mad scientist behind this new A.I. concept? I remember them charging in a straight line which made stupid easy to take them down, now they hunt you O_O I must say bravo!

I love this new stuff and I must quote Dr. Ian Malcolm. We all gonna die ;_;

2pqqsuw.jpg

Edited by FranTorres

Sentelin and I work about 16 months to calibrate and modelate scripts, Ai values and interactions. Later Drages make some adjustments and small changes. The complete mod is work of a lot of players, specially the starting team (Selgald, TheonGreyjoy, Sentelin, TacticalDragon).

Drages is working really hard in the mod follow-up. :)

Sentelin and I work about 16 months to calibrate and modelate scripts, Ai values and interactions. Later Drages make some adjustments and small changes. The complete mod is work of a lot of players, specially the starting team (Selgald, TheonGreyjoy, Sentelin, TacticalDragon).

Drages is working really hard in the mod follow-up. :)

Nice work, I mean it does really makes a difference. Trust me.

One question though, I remember when playing Hellgate (I'm just trying out every mod) the easiest way to defend my base was most of the time to use flamethrowers to create a path that enemy A.I. wouldn't cross, even if they were big praetorian aliens and they had huge resistances to it. They would open the doors, see the flames and started to trace back a new path which gave me time to land a few reaction shots on them.

Is there a way or would it be possible to make them aware of this? I mean if they benefit from a huge percentage to fire resistance, would it be doable that they risked crossing that tile that's currently on fire? (is this the right place to ask these things? I can move to the right one.) anyways thanks.

As i know, fire is a different issue at this game. It has own class and hardcoded. I mean as modders we can create any smoke we want but cant touch to fire.. So for example the bull and rhino reapers i added are one of the most fearless enemy you can see. They go into the any deadly smoke but as i saw they dont jump into fire..

At smoke, you only take damage once, and after then you can walk inside it freely but at fire you take damage at each step. So i think you cant create a heroic AI who can pass the fire.. it would be cool you are right :)

PROGRESS UPDATE:

- I saw the tech tree and it was a total chaos. There was some useless ones and missing ones..

- After i finished the weapon stats rebalancing, i wanted to get rid of this mess..

- I organized the new techs into branches.. First i didnt touch default research but now i totally revised them..

- Many of the feedback told me they dont have new researches at some of the states. The reason for this is the chaos i mentioned. The research and game time is guilty too..

0.98 is delayed for weeks but i dont want to publish a hurried one. I hope you will get a non confusing game after this hard work.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

- I saw the tech tree and it was a total chaos. There was some useless ones and missing ones..

- After i finished the weapon stats rebalancing, i wanted to get rid of this mess..

- I organized the new techs into branches.. First i didnt touch default research but now i totally revised them..

- Many of the feedback told me they dont have new researches at some of the states. The reason for this is the chaos i mentioned. The research and game time is guilty too..

0.98 is delayed for weeks but i dont want to publish a hurried one. I hope you will get a non confusing game after this hard work.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with you taking your time with the new version, especially for the tech tree. The last version's tech tree was less of a tech tree and more of a convoluted tech web and all the info I found for deciphering it wasn't much help. If it's all going to be branches rather than a strangely connected web, this will be a massive improvement. Now, I have no problem with a "tech web" but at current, the tech web of this mod is...well, getting MAG weapons in the first couple of months followed by virtually no new weapons aside from the AP equivalent of lasers is befuddling. Take your time, Drages. No good will come of you rushing this mod. Now that you've got the weapons rebalanced, sort out the tech tree. Or take a break, you've earned it. Keep up the amazing work. :)

Thx squaddie,

Yeah.. i tried to create a web rather then tree but i think it doesnt suit this kind of games.. i noticed many weapons research or manufactures not linked too.

Now you can see the path to a research much more clearly. But i need to nearly remake all the ufopedia entries. I like to work visuals rather then coding.

I want to finish the coding part before a break.. i am giving breaks sometimes especially at weapon stats rebalancing and adding this to the mod.. I want u enjoy this mod and 0.97.1 is far from it.. it gave be big lessons to learn but i need to update it as soon as possible so i can continiue to visuals. :)

Nice work, I mean it does really makes a difference. Trust me.

One question though, I remember when playing Hellgate (I'm just trying out every mod) the easiest way to defend my base was most of the time to use flamethrowers to create a path that enemy A.I. wouldn't cross, even if they were big praetorian aliens and they had huge resistances to it. They would open the doors, see the flames and started to trace back a new path which gave me time to land a few reaction shots on them.

Is there a way or would it be possible to make them aware of this? I mean if they benefit from a huge percentage to fire resistance, would it be doable that they risked crossing that tile that's currently on fire? (is this the right place to ask these things? I can move to the right one.) anyways thanks.

Yes, is completely possible to rebalanced the AI scripts to take the risk and walk through fire. There is only one problem, some alien scripts result in strange behavior that "Love fire". Small mistake in this behavior make that aliens prefer ALWAYS walk through fire or smoke, even return.... back... and back again in the same fire tile.

My decision was clear, is better that aliens fear fire than love it.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

Let me help you with this.

Yes and yes.

I installed x-division last night and everything was working fine until now. At first I thought it was something wrong with the map(it still might be for all I know), but I've skipped a few battles and it still crashed.

I figure its probably one of the bits of equipment my soldiers were using- as the game works fine when I send soldiers without weapons or armor on.

Edit: I think it might be an issue with weapons? The default rifle works fine, but if I equip any other weapons (AP/ADKinetics, Laser/APLasers) the game crashes

Edited by vietmyke

Does this work with Xenonauts 1.5X's? Newest in Steam seems to be 1.55.

Thinking about buying this game, thanks in advance.

welcome. I didnt tested it with 1.55 but at steam there is a community edition branch you can select at beta options. That is 1.09 and CE 0.31 which is the ultimate stable version.. so dont worry about it.. dont miss the discount!