[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Sorry for the outburst.. I drank some cognac tea, took a deep breath, and tried again. In retrospect it was pretty awesome, got half of my team and armored scout car killed, alien base reduced to rubble(I tend to carry lots of grenades - at last it payed off). I actually finished the level with mostly looted alien guns, becouse my ammo did exire.

Mighty awesome mod, drages! Dont take my scream of frustration personally - I one broke a keyboard in a fit of rage playing Dark Souls, and it is still one of my favorite games!) *Time to download some hotfix now*

dark souls, that's the most painfull, sadistic, annoying and fucking unbeteable saga i played..and yes i love it! , i like a game that punishes me (in a fair way..not cheating because "IM PC SO FUCK YOU")...it was really rewarding after you defeat a boss and found a cool and badass loot that makes the time spended worthy...and that's what i feel dragues is trying to do with XDIV.

He's making the game hard, but more rewarding, there is no more shoot,loot,upgrade,repeat formula that basically makes you feel unbeteable in vainilla, even if it was a amazing game, i feel it lacks a GOOD challenge, something that make grind our gears in our seats because we were really stupid sending a soldier to his death, this mod punish the mistakes, and thats how difficulty should work..of course sometimes the aliens feels a little cheaty: reapers in some degree..harridans were more deadly xD.....but if you think about it, is not supposed that a super duper advanced alien race with a suit that contains a helmet that basically could have a 30 million times zoom using a sniper rifle be deadly?.

The cool things about this is that the mod is still progressing, there are a loot of work to do, but everyday it passes i see how this mod envolve to something better, and thats amazing you know :).

dark souls, that's the most painfull, sadistic, annoying and fucking unbeteable saga i played..and yes i love it! , i like a game that punishes me (in a fair way..not cheating because "IM PC SO FUCK YOU")...it was really rewarding after you defeat a boss and found a cool and badass loot that makes the time spended worthy...and that's what i feel dragues is trying to do with XDIV.

He's making the game hard, but more rewarding, there is no more shoot,loot,upgrade,repeat formula that basically makes you feel unbeteable in vainilla, even if it was a amazing game, i feel it lacks a GOOD challenge, something that make grind our gears in our seats because we were really stupid sending a soldier to his death, this mod punish the mistakes, and thats how difficulty should work..of course sometimes the aliens feels a little cheaty: reapers in some degree..harridans were more deadly xD.....but if you think about it, is not supposed that a super duper advanced alien race with a suit that contains a helmet that basically could have a 30 million times zoom using a sniper rifle be deadly?.

The cool things about this is that the mod is still progressing, there are a loot of work to do, but everyday it passes i see how this mod envolve to something better, and thats amazing you know :).

Always nice to see your descriptions good friend

Nostalgia y buen animo me traes de recuerdo amigo :)

Tried it after a long while of no Xenonauts, and so far I'm loving this. I do still hate the damn xenomorphs and I'm still expecting to find the once again the huge Zerg creatures.

I kinda dislike the ultimate micromanagement style but so far this is pretty solid, nice descriptions, the art, the alien anims and even the bodies on the ground when checking the inventory.

And it's pretty stable, played for 4 solid hours before I had an exe crash and I had some minor issues with the anims, sometimes you just see a dark shadow in the ground instead of the alien projecting it, but your men still tell you they're seeing something or someone there.

Last but not least, loved you got rid of the cocoon-like things or the eggs that rendered entire squads unconscious, they spat a mile away with the accuracy of an S.A.S. veteran ¬¬

Keep it up!;)

EDIT:

Pero... ¿Aqui cuanta gente hay que habla Español? o.O

Edited by FranTorres

somos tres :), wow asierus no sabia que hablabas español xD.

im working translating the game...im like half of the xenopedia and ground tips are complete...im still have to do the strings and i would like to know how to modularize that xD.

After i translate base game then i would love to translate xdivision..but...it would take its time xD.

somos tres :), wow asierus no sabia que hablabas español xD.

im working translating the game...im like half of the xenopedia and ground tips are complete...im still have to do the strings and i would like to know how to modularize that xD.

After i translate base game then i would love to translate xdivision..but...it would take its time xD.

You were working with me traitor!!!... i will take your name from advanced plane and give it to condors!!!

And how is the new bull reapers reactions after hotfix 7.. any feedback someone can give to me?

Edited by drages

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *add spoiled child scream here** yeah i unlocked the new backwolfs planes..pretty badass !! and hey, condors are the backbone of the earth forces so im even more flattered xD!. Im working with the translation because my brother loves the game but his english is even worst than my own ...and i just get bored quickly doing it, i have made "half" of the work..it still needs a GOOD polish.

Bull reapers, and mostly all new reapers loves killing civilians, but they still kind of ignoring my troops :c, they attack if i made a stupid move and place them close to them..but aside that, they still over-lurking :c, they need less firepower to get killed (thats good) and are more deadly (i remember a bull slashing two recruits in the same turn).

If anyone else doesnt still have this behaviour this could means i do something wrong while patching..but not everything is bad, THEY are MORE deadly than before (maybe not SO deadly as i could enjoy..but you know is kind of tastes :) ) so its a totally improvement for the sassy pussy roaches they were before (IA act in misterious ways sometimes xDD).

Yeah u can't guess the ai... as I played XNT 5.3 the xeno s are attacking only with a clean kill chance with charge. I still think the ai don't come to you if they think they won't able to harm you. So if u give them double damage they would jump into your soldiers. I wanted more stupid creatures who will attack you reckless but ai resists this idea. I didn't change the ai with hotfix 7, I just give them more vital damage output. So now they attack u if they can harm you. Otherwise even you are next tile of it, they prefer to flee.

Black xeno s and rhino reaper will chase you I hope :).

rhinos are those with orange stripes right?, because those lirel bastards got a lot of tus and beat the crap out of some guys i missplaced xD.

Yeah i readed about that earlier, that's why earlier version of bull with very low damage were harmless.

Its shame because just imagine a xeno or reaper kind of ZERG RUSH tactic would be something really cool and scaring at the same time :)....but as you said the IA egine make you scratch your head because you dont really know how it will act next :T.

Some balance suggestions. Ballistic sniper rifles are very weak (first one and upgrades - nextgen e.t.c.). Low damage, low accurasy and they consume many AP by shooting. Automatic rifles are now much stronger, then sniper rifles.

Yes rifles are overpowered for now. I am fixing it now for next version.

Sorry, can you help me install your mod? I uncompressed everything in Xenonauts\mods. Then when I launch Xenonauts, I click on the Xenonauts Launcher and I don't see your mod in the mod list? What should I do exactly.

Not Xenonauts\mods, u need to uncompress 0.97 and 0.97.1 into the assets/mods and hotfix in to the xdivision folder.

Thanks, it looks good. There are some typos there and there and the aliens seem super strong but the game seems stable.

Yeah that typos.. my lore team is working on them but i concentrated mostly the content and its balance for now, before ver 1.0..

Aliens are always strong :)

Just to say thank you for your efforts! I'll try your mod as soon as possible!

Thank you too.. this kind of words give me to power to continue to this huge project!

Is there a way I can, well... balance this mod on my favor? because I'm literally being rolled over.

I'm at the point where the drones are coming paired with lots of (what was the name of the fairy like sniper guys?) so those little craps suppress my men with a barrage of plasma, and an alien from the other side of the map starts taking the most precise sniper shots ever... I mean one shot one xenonaut dead.

Right now I've seen the "big drones" but since I get mauled over and over again I have no idea how they're called since I got my full squad killed, and I'm talking about sergeants and lieutenants here not simple rookies. I love a game who punishes you for doing things the wrong way but I just start tactical, deploy my men behind cover, kneel them down aaaaaand they're dead by sniper fire.

Three turns after that and missiles and suppressive fire takes their TU's and it's over... so I'm pretty much losing the tech race because the few UFO's I can shoot down, I have to nuke because it seems impossible to win against the machine/sniper combo. They can't have it all, resistances, great aim, auto fire capacity, incredible armor and health, the advantage of seeing you from afar etc...

And I'm familiar with this kinda games, this is just a NORMAL diff game and I'm used to play INSANE on Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 ;_;

Is there a way I can, well... balance this mod on my favor? because I'm literally being rolled over.

I'm at the point where the drones are coming paired with lots of (what was the name of the fairy like sniper guys?) so those little craps suppress my men with a barrage of plasma, and an alien from the other side of the map starts taking the most precise sniper shots ever... I mean one shot one xenonaut dead.

Right now I've seen the "big drones" but since I get mauled over and over again I have no idea how they're called since I got my full squad killed, and I'm talking about sergeants and lieutenants here not simple rookies. I love a game who punishes you for doing things the wrong way but I just start tactical, deploy my men behind cover, kneel them down aaaaaand they're dead by sniper fire.

Three turns after that and missiles and suppressive fire takes their TU's and it's over... so I'm pretty much losing the tech race because the few UFO's I can shoot down, I have to nuke because it seems impossible to win against the machine/sniper combo. They can't have it all, resistances, great aim, auto fire capacity, incredible armor and health, the advantage of seeing you from afar etc...

And I'm familiar with this kinda games, this is just a NORMAL diff game and I'm used to play INSANE on Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 ;_;

I accept all the unbalance blames about 0.97.1... and i am working about for 1 months about balancing with checking every number game uses.. and sometimes i say "omg what did i do here???".. and i say it more then sometimes..

Yes they cant have all.. they wont have all.. as i said i am checking everything and if u check the modding section of the forum, we are questioning, answering and brain storming about tons of things especialy with kabill.. for this reason 0.98 delayed so much..

You can try to balance it but you can become crazy.. because balancing is a looong chain.. and when you change a part of it, you need to change everything accordingly.

I finished %95 of GC balancing.. just i need to figure out some game mechanics to finish this.. I got much more plans but i will make them at 0.99.. just give me some more days and u will have a whole new experience to test!!!

so im running into a lot of truble mid- late game , i have the best armor i can make now ,wolf, ( i cant research anything) so i need a landship to progress but non come , and even the corvetes are a problem now , all the leaders have some silly grenade that does 200 dmg to my guys ,they are just hiding in the ship and when i aproach they throw a nade and move back in

so im running into a lot of truble mid- late game , i have the best armor i can make now ,wolf, ( i cant research anything) so i need a landship to progress but non come , and even the corvetes are a problem now , all the leaders have some silly grenade that does 200 dmg to my guys ,they are just hiding in the ship and when i aproach they throw a nade and move back in

heh very wise tactic expected from leaders :)..

i am working on it.. many crazy things handled as i say, and i hope there wont be any new ones :)