[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

You can reach now the second version of the research tree. Now the unlocked research and manufacture items are shown as well.

Green arrows represent the unlocked research or manufacture items after completing a given research. Usually there is a green arrow pointing back to the same item. I think it is some game internal thingy that is needed.

drages: please have a look at AlienSingularityGrenade. It has two loops. I suspect an error there. Green loop is OK, but the black seems strange. I think, there should be an "Items.AlienSingularityGrenade" pre-requisite instead of "Researches.AlienSingularityGrenade".

*** It seem there is the same (bug?) in the community edition researches.xml too.

FYI, you can search in the SVG in IE and Firefox too...

Oh, and if you hoover the mouse over a node or arrow it shows some details :)

Edited by kubi

So, what's the deal with green reapers? They keep running around doing absolutely nothing. I have seen them stun civilians couple times, but they don't touch the actual soldiers at all. They can be surrounded and shot at point blank range without much risk... which I suppose is a good thing, because damn, they take a lot of effort to kill. Nearly anything early-mid game seems to be resisted and once you actually start to punch through that armor, they regenerate. It's easier to melee them with stun batons than trying to shoot them.

Still, if they actually attacked and were a real threat, they'd be nearly impossible to take down without major casualties. Would need some defensive nerfs, as "normal" reapers go down easily, but these bastards are a nuisance.

Also, is it just me or is there never enough Alenium for... well, anything? Building weapons for even a single base worth of aircraft takes dozens of ground missions (and that's not counting what you spend on building the airacrafts themselves). It does seem to get a bit better with bigger ufo's, but still, fighting medium/early heavies with basic weapons is just weird.

In contrast, money is trivial. Dissasembling UFOs gives huge amounts of cash, in addition to normal monthly income. It feels like I'm too rich - and that's with airstriking quite a few missions. I could easily cover the entire world with radars and still have tons of spare cash. Unless late game items get much more expensive... but then again, bigger ufo parts sell for more, so there's no difference.

Weapon balance was already mentioned. It really does feel like half the weapons are useless. Harridans can snipe you from the other side of the map, whereas your snipers are pretty much a joke. Machines guns do almost no damage while costing majority of TUs to fire. Shotguns... nah, just stick to rifles, longer range, similar damage, won't get you killed by return fire. Pistols are meh, but worth it for shields.

Props for making vehicles useful, though. Really helps to have a tank as Harridan bait, being able to take all those nasty shots and fire back doing major damage. Still - is Saviour tank supposed to take more transport space than earlier vehicles? Had to bench one additional soldier to fit it in, which makes me doubt if it's worth it.

So, what's the deal with green reapers? They keep running around doing absolutely nothing. I have seen them stun civilians couple times, but they don't touch the actual soldiers at all. They can be surrounded and shot at point blank range without much risk... which I suppose is a good thing, because damn, they take a lot of effort to kill. Nearly anything early-mid game seems to be resisted and once you actually start to punch through that armor, they regenerate. It's easier to melee them with stun batons than trying to shoot them.

Still, if they actually attacked and were a real threat, they'd be nearly impossible to take down without major casualties. Would need some defensive nerfs, as "normal" reapers go down easily, but these bastards are a nuisance.

Also, is it just me or is there never enough Alenium for... well, anything? Building weapons for even a single base worth of aircraft takes dozens of ground missions (and that's not counting what you spend on building the airacrafts themselves). It does seem to get a bit better with bigger ufo's, but still, fighting medium/early heavies with basic weapons is just weird.

In contrast, money is trivial. Dissasembling UFOs gives huge amounts of cash, in addition to normal monthly income. It feels like I'm too rich - and that's with airstriking quite a few missions. I could easily cover the entire world with radars and still have tons of spare cash. Unless late game items get much more expensive... but then again, bigger ufo parts sell for more, so there's no difference.

Weapon balance was already mentioned. It really does feel like half the weapons are useless. Harridans can snipe you from the other side of the map, whereas your snipers are pretty much a joke. Machines guns do almost no damage while costing majority of TUs to fire. Shotguns... nah, just stick to rifles, longer range, similar damage, won't get you killed by return fire. Pistols are meh, but worth it for shields.

Props for making vehicles useful, though. Really helps to have a tank as Harridan bait, being able to take all those nasty shots and fire back doing major damage. Still - is Saviour tank supposed to take more transport space than earlier vehicles? Had to bench one additional soldier to fit it in, which makes me doubt if it's worth it.

thx for critic.. i will consider them all..

As i checked Asierus save games i noticed how tiny research and especially manufacture UI...

Between more then 100 product you lose easily your way.. Sadly there are no more topic i can add (like "Rockets","Equipment"), you need to have a big UI too see all your weapons and their requirements.

As i remembered nobody asked for this, maybe they didnt think there was nothing to do.. but after 250 open/close the game for UI script checking,i made it!

2015_01_25_00006.jpg 2015_01_25_00007.jpg 2015_01_25_00008.jpg

So are those better?

As i checked Asierus save games i noticed how tiny research and especially manufacture UI...

Between more then 100 product you lose easily your way.. Sadly there are no more topic i can add (like "Rockets","Equipment"), you need to have a big UI too see all your weapons and their requirements.

As i remembered nobody asked for this, maybe they didnt think there was nothing to do.. but after 250 open/close the game for UI script checking,i made it!

2015_01_25_00006.jpg 2015_01_25_00007.jpg 2015_01_25_00008.jpg

So are those better?

yeah they look better now i can see all the requirements that before were cut :) its works on 1366 resolutioN? xD

Getting parts for new planes is really too difficult.

By the time the aliens are flooding me with waves of terror ships, I can barely afford one of the cheapest torpedo planes, if that, let alone the planes my tech allows. Getting torpedo weapons to drop is the biggest bottleneck.

I've tried two play throughs so far and both became so tedious with the amount of terror missions I had to combat. My combat teams were constantly depleted and not gaining any resources because terror missions generally have lots of mobs but give almost no resources.

I think there really needs to be a way to craft the basic aircraft components, it gets really tedious only having the resources to field one squadron with torpedoes.

Maybe I'm missing something? Do certain missions or alien crafts have higher chances to drop components?

Edited by clench

Getting parts for new planes is really too difficult.

By the time the aliens are flooding me with waves of terror ships, I can barely afford one of the cheapest torpedo planes, if that, let alone the planes my tech allows. Getting torpedo weapons to drop is the biggest bottleneck.

I've tried two play throughs so far and both became so tedious with the amount of terror missions I had to combat. My combat teams were constantly depleted and not gaining any resources because terror missions generally have lots of mobs but give almost no resources.

I think there really needs to be a way to craft the basic aircraft components, it gets really tedious only having the resources to field one squadron with torpedoes.

Maybe I'm missing something? Do certain missions or alien crafts have higher chances to drop components?

hello clench.. can u send me a save please to see situvation with my own eyes..

As i see you got torpedo problems.. if i let u manufacture these parts, they will lose their purpose.. later ufos give me much more parts.. but if its game breaking i will look for it.. as i said a save game will be helpfull..

nonono. The planes are perfect right now. Don't make it easier.

Clench you need to do all the ground missions you can and disassemble the crafts. Corvettes will drop torp weapons BTW if that is what you're looking for more of.

u dont have any part stuck then.. oki nice..

To be frank air combat in X-division is much easier than it was/is in XNT.Also I am not sure how I feel about replacement of Apollo for AWT (I don't say you shouldn't have done,I am just expressing my opinion).AWK has purpose and I understand that this is what people were looking for in past but it is boring as hell to play with it. Apollo already partly fulfilled that role plus it was great support aircraft in early game,however it's usefulness steadily declined as game progressed forward and with constant balance changes and what not we couldn't come up with something good for Apollo issue in late game.However that plane was "star" of the mod and I am shaken to see it removed from this mod.

Edited by Sentelin

To be frank air combat in X-division is much easier than it was/is in XNT.Also I am not sure how I feel about replacement of Apollo for AWT (I don't say you shouldn't have done,I am just expressing my opinion).AWK has purpose and I understand that this is what people were looking for in past but it is boring as hell to play with it. Apollo already partly fulfilled that role plus it was great support aircraft in early game,however it's usefulness steadily declined as game progressed forward and with constant balance changes and what not we couldn't come up with something good for Apollo issue in late game.However that plane was "star" of the mod and I am shaken to see it removed from this mod.

I think its about the game play mechanic in your mind (as players). I only made once then never manufacture it.. The air combat is easy as blackwolf showed me.. you are right about it and some balancing ideas are ready to be in.. Big bombers got better radar range.. AWT (u meaned AWACS here i think) is.. not so useful i accept.. i just put it in to see what happens.. the mod has some money issues right now.. you get much money and even the bases are now 1 million to build ppl just spam it.. so you dont have any problem with to track aliens.. I will balance it too..

With new enemy types/alive alien research based TFTD system and balancing everything, 0.98 would be a total new experience.. for that reason i dont bother with hotfixes around..

nonono. The planes are perfect right now. Don't make it easier.

Clench you need to do all the ground missions you can and disassemble the crafts. Corvettes will drop torp weapons BTW if that is what you're looking for more of.

It's not even that it's too hard. It's too slow. The rate at which you gain aircraft parts does not keep up with the rate at which you gain aircraft, other tech, or the rate your guys gain experience.

It's tedious to do 3-4 missions every time UFOs spawn. Getting access to basic torpedo planes a little easier could help cut out some of the tedium and also help jump start the player's early aircraft part economy.

It's hard to get parts from corvettes without any torpedoes.

Right now I have no troubles in my game getting alienum and alloys, I have shrikes, tanks, wave weapons, armors, etc, etc

My main squad is LTs or higher, but I've only managed to find 3 torpedo weapons.

My suggestion instead of having it so you can craft the parts is maybe to have the alien bases provide a good quantity of them. The alien UFO are always landing at the bases so it makes sense that spare parts would be in the bases too.

Edited by clench

There is something wrong.. only 3? Light scout dessemble should give 1 and scout dessemble should give 2 torpedoes already.

You got wave weapons but no torpedoes... there is really something wrong. Did u install hotfix 3?

Edited by drages

Ah that's what I was missing. I have some thing to disassemble still, I'll see what I look like after that.

Now I have 11 torpedoes with the craft I had in storage... that should make things a bit more manageable.

Edited by clench

i fixed the caesan-reaper-xenothingy by reinstalling game/mod and aplying 0.97.1 and then HF 3 of the mod :) think that i miss some files when reinstalled before.

jackal spear ap ballistic submachinegun miss shield model :) i cant find the correct name for this gun for fix it.

Edited by asierus24

Hi Guys. I paused playing the Mod last Weekend. But I have an Idea, to make Base-Building more difficult. Implement the Base Mod from Man of Doge in it. I chanced some files in Building (Building and Salaries Overhaul was my Model) with improvements to X-Devision so that you have to build 1 more Barrack etc.

The dissamble of ufos is correct to corvetts. I had to start a new game before I get bigger Ufos so I can only say Drages Information up to Corvette is correct.

The Reaserch and Workshop Infos are to small, thats true. That you found and corrected it is a great Idea.

About the AWACS plane is argued so and so. I like it, because I play with the cost-intensitive base buildt. It´s self defense can bring down a small scout and can damage bigger Ufos (normal Scouts up to 70 % or a litte more with Weapons on beginn).

- The plane mentioned from XNT (Apollo) was a longe range plane too. It was faster, more maneuverable etc. but if hit it was dead. You had to be lucky to bring a Sqadron of Apollos to bring down a Scout. I used them in XNT because of the better Radar range (then Condor and all other planes at beginning) and for small Scouts to bring down at long range (for Scouts with better weapons too). But I decomminioned them fast because of its one hit and dead problem.

- The second problem of the Apollo is that it has a shorter Range than the AWACS. I bring the AWACS to full Amerika, to Africa as well as a bit Russia before I have to get back to Base for refill. (Base is in Europe)

- The AWACS has a advantage too when getting better Weapons before Bombers coming in. So the Plane has its existing rights up to newer Planes with same ore better Radar range.

Edited by Alienkiller

i fixed the caesan-reaper-xenothingy by reinstalling game/mod and aplying 0.97.1 and then HF 3 of the mod :) think that i miss some files when reinstalled before.

jackal spear ap ballistic submachinegun miss shield model :) i cant find the correct name for this gun for fix it.

its weapon.APkinetic.submachine.

Drages, is there any way for you to add This mod http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/3/?

In the x-division? I would be glad if you could or if anyone could help me on putting them together.

Paulo that sounds are from counterstrike.. so the idea is great but using so familiar sounds, it was not so good for me.. just open the sound_GC.xml u will see how u can add them.. i hope..

Hi Guys. I paused playing the Mod last Weekend. But I have an Idea, to make Base-Building more difficult. Implement the Base Mod from Man of Doge in it. I chanced some files in Building (Building and Salaries Overhaul was my Model) with improvements to X-Devision so that you have to build 1 more Barrack etc.

The dissamble of ufos is correct to corvetts. I had to start a new game before I get bigger Ufos so I can only say Drages Information up to Corvette is correct.

The Reaserch and Workshop Infos are to small, thats true. That you found and corrected it is a great Idea.

About the AWACS plane is argued so and so. I like it, because I play with the cost-intensitive base buildt. It´s self defense can bring down a small scout and can damage bigger Ufos (normal Scouts up to 70 % or a litte more with Weapons on beginn).

- The plane mentioned from XNT (Apollo) was a longe range plane too. It was faster, more maneuverable etc. but if hit it was dead. You had to be lucky to bring a Sqadron of Apollos to bring down a Scout. I used them in XNT because of the better Radar range (then Condor and all other planes at beginning) and for small Scouts to bring down at long range (for Scouts with better weapons too). But I decomminioned them fast because of its one hit and dead problem.

- The second problem of the Apollo is that it has a shorter Range than the AWACS. I bring the AWACS to full Amerika, to Africa as well as a bit Russia before I have to get back to Base for refill. (Base is in Europe)

- The AWACS has a advantage too when getting better Weapons before Bombers coming in. So the Plane has its existing rights up to newer Planes with same ore better Radar range.

I will work on total balancing of this mod after tons of ufo crew/research chain/new aliens work finished.. I am happy to hear that u liked AWACS..

Btw is the mod working with new released ver 1.5?.. can u make some little tests.. i dont want to risk my whole install.. my install is a bit complex :)

Edited by drages