[v1.5 RC4] Stuck on Xenopedia after completing Heavy Lasers research

The title says almost everything. When the advanced laser weaponry research is over, it opens the xenopedia page for the good intelligence, I can navigate through the entire xenopedia just like normal, but I can't close the window. I tried to restart a new game on a fresh save, but the bug is still there.

It means that I can't research advanced lasers or my game will be stuck on Xenopedia... which is unfortunate. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this same problem and unfortunately validating my files didn't help, I know this thread is old and all but can someone respond with any other helpful tips, and if nothing else works should I just revert back to ver 1.09 or just simply get the community edition?(heard it was more stable)

Unfortunately if you revert to V1.09 then you won't be able to load your save game, so I'd try switching to the Community Edition first as that should retain your save.

Out of curiosity, were you using any mods when this happened or was it plain V1.5?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that Chris, wasn't able to respond for a long time due to "real life" personal problems, anyway technically yes, I use several mods when playing the game and the bug is still there.(though when I play the Community Edition its not a problem.)

• 1 month later...
The title says almost everything. When the advanced laser weaponry research is over, it opens the xenopedia page for the good intelligence, I can navigate through the entire xenopedia just like normal, but I can't close the window. I tried to restart a new game on a fresh save, but the bug is still there.

It means that I can't research advanced lasers or my game will be stuck on Xenopedia... which is unfortunate. :P

I fixed this by correcting the entry for Researches.AdvancedLasers in the researches.xml file (located in the assets folder in your install directory). The entries in the "When Finished" column were not correct. They were missing the "UpgradeBuilding("MissileTurret", "LaserTurret");" item. The full entry in the "When Finished" column should be:

UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.RapidFireLasers" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Scatterlaser" );

ReplaceItem("AV.AUTOCANNON","AV.SCATTERLASER");

UnlockItem("VV.PULSELASER");

UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.PulseLasers" );

UnlockBuilding( "LaserTurret" );

UpgradeBuilding("MissileTurret", "LaserTurret");

If you make sure that all these items are present, then hopefully your heavy laser resaerch should complete successfully. Good luck!

I had this problem from XenopediaEntriesforUpgradedAircraftWeapons mod, that needs editing in researches.xml:

original: Functional:

SetCurrentTurretLevel(1); UpgradeBuilding("MissileTurret", "LaserTurret");

SetCurrentTurretLevel(2); UpgradeBuilding("LaserTurret", "PlasmaTurret");

SetCurrentTurretLevel(3); UpgradeBuilding("PlasmaTurret", "MAGTurret");