Army Colour Uniforms - Sprites and Base Mod

gwichy

Army Colour Uniforms - Sprites and Base

screenshot.jpg

Mod description:

This mod changes the colour of the basic and jackal armors from blue to khaki green. The change affect both the sprites and the preview in base when you pick your team.

Mod installation:

Just unpack the file, open the folder and merge the assets folder with the one in your installation folder.

Mod download:

>> Click here << to download the Mod.

Mod permission:

Please do not repost this Mod anywhere whitout my permission.

Mod screenshots:

screen2_Copy.png
screen3.png
screen4_Copy.png
screen5_Copy.png

screenshot.jpg

screenshot.jpg.229a3801354e353a433c68368

• Like 1

I like the blue uniforms because they give the Xenonauts a distinct character.

But I love that these sprites exist in the more traditional color scheme. They're highly valuable assets, and allow me the possibility to mod local forces in exciting ways. Using this I could add a Precision Rifle NPC (or any weapon for that matter) with a % chance to spawn. All I need to do now is start tinkering with their AI and I could get local forces NPCs to behave like squads and stick together...

Hello, gwichy! First, let me congratulate you on your mod. I think it's awesome. On the other hand, there are some features that can be improved/tweaked:

1. You should change the blue uniform for both the unconscious and the dead soldiers' bodies (inventory artwork) and, in this case, for both the basic and the jackal body armour as well.

2. You should change or delete some specific lines from the Xenopedia describing the standard blue uniform (Basic Armour entry).

3. There is some kind of graphic glitch with the shape of the soldiers in the ground combat screen: while they're standing up, their figures look thicker than normal but if you make them crouch down, their silhouettes become thinner (normal).

4. You can make your mod compatible with Khall's More Portraits Pack.

5. You can also change the colour of the soldiers in blue in the picture displayed during the enemy turn. But that's pretty optional.

I think if you did these things, your mod would be bound to be included with X:CE as an optional and very cool way to customise your soldiers.:cool:

Regards

Xen1X

Edited by XenoneX