Goldhawk Closing for Christmas & V1.5 Stable Delay

Hello folks - this is just a message to say that Goldhawk has closed down for Christmas and will officially be re-opening its doors on 5th January. This is admittedly quite a long winter break for us, but it's been a long year for the team and most of us haven't been able to take a proper holiday yet. We may still reply to emails or appear on the forums from time to time, but we're not sure.

The observant among you will have noted that we've still not released V1.5 Stable. I'm actually relatively happy with the state of the latest stable candidate and was considering pushing the button to release it today, but I've decided to delay it until we're back in January.

This is because if there's any unforseen bugs in V1.5 and we push out the updates to everyone who owns Xenonauts, there won't be anyone around to fix the problems or even revert to V1.09 in an emergency. I'm not even sure that I'll have internet access for the next two weeks so I'm not going to risk potentially making Xenonauts unplayable on Steam for such a long period of time. Also, I'd like to do some more PR work around the release of V1.5 that simply wouldn't be possible if I released it today.

That said, anyone can play the "Stable" build right now just by going onto the Experimental branch using these instructions: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

Have a great Christmas everyone and a happy new year. We'll also be showing off more about our new games on our return, so stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...