Xenonauts V1.5 Stable CANDIDATE 4 (8th December) Released!

Pushed one final update for V1.5 out just now:

• Includes a fix for a rare soldier screen crash linked to decommissioning a Shrike
  • Keybindings are finally fixed
  • Bases now show their enlarged radar ranges when you're placing a new base

If there's no further serious bugs uncovered, I expect to push this to the main Steam branch (and other sites) on Wednesday.

Hi Chris,

I've just had a terrible time contending with the winged things that come with Androns. They seem to have hiding places on the outside of the Carrier that can only be seen when at their level. Ground based troops can't see them, but once spotted by a soldier with Sentinel armor, they can be shot by ground-based troops.

Also, trying to fly my Sentinels to land on the outside is very difficult. It was hard for me to see whether I was landing on the Carrier or on the ground.

And then there was this: while flying around the Carrier, I think I went through a wall and ended up here. Dropbox link attached.

Sum and substance, I think there are LOS problems, and tile problems with the Carrier as presented in Stable Candidate 4.

This is the plainest of plain vanilla configurations. Right off Steam with no add-ons.

Sandy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9rquel21zdc35a/How%20did%20I%20get%20here.sav?dl=0

Yes, I have been meaning to take a look at that map. I'll do that when I get back. That said, the Harridan / Carrier issue exists in V1.09 too so it's not necessarily a reason to hold up V1.5 - it's more of an absence of a fix rather than a new issue.

Hi, I've been enjoying my 1.5 game as I attempt to win on Veteran. I like pretty much all the changes except the speed changes in air tactical combat. What's the point? Air tactical combat is over quickly anyway.

I have had a couple of issues with Reapers on the Carrier map. On one occasion a Reaper appeared from nowhere on an upper level (with several of my team waiting for reflex shots) and killed two of my team. I'm still not 100% sure what happened, I had very little visual feedback, it's possible I guess that the Reaper was waiting where I couldn't see it, it was someone in Predator armour who died first, but the way I experienced it was that the Reaper appeared from nowhere and killed two highly experienced members of my team. This was not fun.

There was also a definite bug where the game hung as I tried to shoot a Reaper on the Carrier map. I would say in passing that the Cruiser map (the aliens get all the cover in the last room) is a lot more scary than the Carrier map (my troops get all the cover as they enter the last rooms). But for the actual bug, I will see if I can attach the save game, as it seems to be a consistent hung game.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe "double speed" is helpful on the tactical combat, but I think having multiple speed options is pointless.

I've attached some save games:

"shoot_reaper_FREEZE.sav"

is a reproducible bug where if you shoot the Reaper then the Reaper turns to face the pistol + shield Xenonaut and the game hangs, every time.

"MIND_CONTROL_NO_LOS.sav"

is where one of my Xenonauts has been mind controlled but is only two tiles away from another Xenonaut, so should be in line of sight of the other Xenonaut. However the line of sight does not seem to update until I actually move. I should be able to shoot the mind controlled Xenonaut immediately, but I have nothing to shoot at until I move the other Xenonaut one tile.

"PHANTOM_TIME_UNITS.sav":

I was trying to show how if you have a Time units number showing because you clicked once to consider a move and then hit End Turn, the number doesn't refresh properly until you refresh the screen by scrolling or whatever. This save game doesn't seem to show that, however it shows an even weirder graphics effect where you reload the save game and it is showing the ground level of the space ship but without the floor properly filled in, there is grass inside the spaceship. It should be showing the third level of the space ship. You can't actually see the Xenonaut who is supposed to be selected. If I select a Xenonaut or the tank or the height level the graphics issue sorts itself out though, so this is a relatively minor issue.

Hope that's helpful. Hope you enjoyed your holiday, and keep up the good work!

merlin

shoot_reaper_FREEZE.sav

MIND_CONTROL_NO_LOS.sav

PHANTOM_TIME_UNITS.sav

shoot_reaper_FREEZE.sav

MIND_CONTROL_NO_LOS.sav

PHANTOM_TIME_UNITS.sav

shoot_reaper_FREEZE.sav

MIND_CONTROL_NO_LOS.sav

PHANTOM_TIME_UNITS.sav

I made one more playthrought after the new Patch (Veteran difficulty).

Here my feedback:

-The PSI Abilitys are Balanced now it seems my High Breath Characters Resists often enough. But some PSI for Xenonauts would be nice even only PSI Defense abilitys. Aliens can still use PSI from inside UFOs without LOS.

-KI now uses Buildings and Roofs etc...very good!!!!! I wait so long for. Now the game needs some Maps with Focus on more Buildings and Explore them to hunt aliens down inside. I love more Woods, Farms etc..but a Mix would be nice.

-Terror Missions still hard but better Balanced Gratulation! The Terror Missions needs some fresh Maps. Some Buildings with 6 or more Stages. And Bigger Maps. Different Maps: Terror missions in Military Outposts, Research Centres, High Schools, Facilitys etc some Levels with Focus inside a Building.

-Grenades Kills my Troops with Sentinel Armour and max HP WOW. Normal?

-Base Missions was though but fair now. I would like to see more different Templates for Bases. I like that i can shot the Locked doors and make alternative routes through the base.

-The Teleport Aliens Acts often stupid. Teleports in my Team and i can easy Kill them in my Turn from a save Spot

-Again i love your Xenopedia and the Story!!!

-KI its better now but dont "cheats" anymore

-By far better Economy!!! I do some failures in Economy Strategy and cant Build a third Base. That lasts the complete Gameplay i realy must look for cash to survive -good Job!

The Game feels now rounded and complete i love the result.

My suggestion would be add some Ambience Sounds: Birds, Wulf and Wind for Woods, harsh wind and or Storm for Arctic, Cars and randomly Screems in citys, Deersounds at Farms^^.

My suggestion would be add some Ambience Sounds: Birds, Wulf and Wind for Woods, harsh wind and or Storm for Arctic, Cars and randomly Screems in citys, Deersounds at Farms^^.

There's no support for that in 1.5 (next X:CE will have it, so this will be possible if you or somebody else creates a mod providing the ambience sounds).

I play actually the CE 31HF nice Mod. I wished i have the skills make such a MOD if yes i would invest time in it.

It (should) actually be really simple. Find the background music that Xenonauts currently has. Name your replacement music the exact same as the Xenonauts music files. Make an empty .xml file (use an online converter to turn an empty notepad file into a .xml if you need to) with the title "modinfo.xml." Put the two files in a .zip file and put it in the mod folder. If Xenonauts supports sound mods, it will automatically load.