[X1.52 + X:CE 0.30] Before the Fall V.0.2 - Grenades and AI

drages

BEFORE THE FALL V:0.2

GRENADES AND AI

exchemicalgrenade.jpg

Hi ppl.. finally i can put a mod here. So this is a big start for me and this means there will be much more after that..

Dont get wrong, its working at 1.09 version too.. so dont miss it..

I want to thank to MAX, Kabill, Tactical Dragon for their answers to my questions and their mods for showing me the way..

First of all.. What is Before the Fall? Lets talk about the plans first...

-In near future it will be A big overhaul mod, including other usefull ones like XNT..

-A hard mod.. tough aliens with tough weapons... (not aliens yet)

-Many new weapons mostly to aliens.. all damage types will be used activly..

-Everything will have a purpose.. not just higher numbers..

So then what do we have here?

I checked many of the mods around here and i saw that, there is no big update at explosives.. so weapons armors and grenades all get updates but we continiue to use old lame stun-smoke-flash bombs... and enemy got 2 grenades at all...

grenadeadvchemical2.jpg

grenadeadvflash.jpg

grenadeadvstun.jpg

With this mod:

- 4 new grenades for Aliens.. chemicals, stuns even suppression one.. yep you will die more..

- 9 grenades for us.. they are advanced and extreme versions of our stun-smoke-flash including chemical ones..

- Some new techs to reach this grenades.. all grenades inc aliens got own researchs and ufopedia entry.. (those entries are mostly very simple becouse my eng is not ok for a story telling.. i will accept all help)

- All grenades got their own unique arts, stats and different colored gasses with different behaviours...

- U need to dissamble enemy grenades and make new ones from that parts..so dont sell them at rush :)

- AI is from XNT 6.0's AI just with stronger enemies with weak and strong points.. Thx to TacticalDragon here.. The enemy uses same weapons as vanilla inc my new grenades to not kill the balance totally.. but carefull.. Ceasans are very high energy resisted, Sebilians dont have much resist but get much HP, Androns are like Terminators, immune to fire and bullets, bring ur lasers asap... so they can resist but continiue to shoot until their armors gone... and if u see reapers.. act like u saw a crysalid.. :)

So as testing part, aliens throw grenades.. we throw grenades.. they are working. The added new researchs are mostly tested.. manufacturing working.. game dont crush.. but as game balance... i dont have any idea :) this is your part :P...

Please report all unbalance, bug and ideas!!!.. And your thoughts about the mainscreen :)

This mod is a first part of the big one.. i will finish this parts one by one.. soon you will have stun weapons and new shields to survive!!! Yeee!!!

Download link is AT 2. POST.

Its mergable so u can use it with other mods.. i hope... at least kabills mods wont be any problem.

Sry for english!

exchemicalgrenade.jpg

grenadeadvchemical2.jpg

grenadeadvflash.jpg

grenadeadvstun.jpg

exchemicalgrenade.thumb.jpg.e8d9e05efe62

grenadeadvchemical2.jpg.429a7f5b9c778bbc

grenadeadvflash.jpg.0884d50954763b651456

grenadeadvstun.jpg.ed7dc3141d977d1c59190

Edited by drages

AND NOW NEW SHIELDS!!!

Yep i finished the shields too.. Enemies are tougher so you need many good shields with you..

-We got 3 new shield..

-Old shields are more powerfull..

-New ones got their own arts and ufopedias.. as i said before i need ufopedia writers..

-Blue one got its own GC sprites!!! yeee.. i hope they work.. anyway.. adding new GC sprites rly killing me..

assaultshield-2.jpg

combatshield-2.jpg

combatshield-3.jpg

One is between combat and assault and the other 2 are middle and late game shields.. for new shields, you need to get base update and live preator.. i write wrong probably.. i will make the last one rechargable..

But when i tried the shields in action, ceasens begin to throw every bomb they got.. i realy surprised.. the AI is acting special against shields or ?... so don't be hero even with impruved shields :P..

New download LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?p3q3a4rpcqqp9y9

assaultshield-2.jpg

combatshield-2.jpg

combatshield-3.jpg

assaultshield-2.jpg.d180b4fa7b95bdbb2ce6

combatshield-2.jpg.64c631f57d76033c7407c

combatshield-3.jpg.d4e5227a19c95aa8ddd66

But when i tried the shields in action, ceasens begin to throw every bomb they got.. i realy surprised.. the AI is acting special against shields or ?... so don't be hero even with impruved shields :P..

The Aliens' only trump card against shields is an indirect means of killing your soldier--in other words: Damage potential was calculated and the Alien knew the best way to kill your soldier would be to lob a grenade at his feet.

Not only that but; the only thing you can do to protect soldiers against that is to armor them up and pray to god that the armor absorbs the incoming damage.

I love this games ai. Maybe the best for last year's. . So I need nerd the starting alien grenades and buff our owns. .

You can't find any tricks against them but they can make tricks to u.. so my new shields are grenade magnets..

Then I will make some anti explosive armors. . Weak against guns but better for explosive

Here are my thoughts so far on the mod:

-The Main Menu/Screen looks pretty good.

-"Hydrid" should probably be "Hybrid" :P

-The 'Advanced Flashbang' should be renamed to; "Psi-Grenade" or "Sound Grenade" using the "stings.xml" file.

-The Alien Heavy Grenades scare me.

-MORE RED UI, MORE!

This mod has new Main menu image? o.O

:o

Work dosent give me any chance to test it.

You edited back my edited shield :).. something about this game makes me sad.. not having a cool name for our spec ops.. like X-Com.. so i created one for my mod.. just X :)i will try to add everywhere i see..

I know that feel, but I just don't think The Blue 'X' and Blue Metal works particularly well with the shield... :(

This mod has new Main menu image? o.O

:o

Work dosent give me any chance to test it.

Yep. It's got a ton of red and the hand looks like it's made of stone. ^_^

imaybe the blue x is abit big :).. anyway its about tastes.. i still dont know what the "a7" means on shield and some weapons..

That stonish hand should be looked as burned and damaged :)

I always thought the 'A7' meant it had parts produced in a Secret Base known as "Area 7" and that's why it was on things. Then again; the 'A7' could also mean "Alpha Squad 7" which personally I think makes a lot more sense, but eh.

Yep. It really adds to the Immersion Aspect of the Mod! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

How is this mod installed? I tried to use the mod install feature of the xenonauts start menu and after I do it says mod installed. However there is no game change. I then try to manuel installbbut then I get the bwfore the fall start screen bur all the text is gone and all I get is the # sign for text help please

How is this mod installed? I tried to use the mod install feature of the xenonauts start menu and after I do it says mod installed. However there is no game change. I then try to manuel installbbut then I get the bwfore the fall start screen bur all the text is gone and all I get is the # sign for text help please

Hi. Hmm there should be something wrong.. it was working as I last checked. Anyway I will check it again but will take about 10 hours. Need to go home.

And a much more completed version will be up at weekend I hope. U can wait for it too.

Yes sure I really want to play this and can u please tell me how to install and if there's any prerequisite.

Ben

Its a stand alone mod.. i advise you to use it without any weapon mods.. anyway.. the mod is working but maybe one of your mods didnt like it..

With a clean install (1.09v and 0.30 CE would be enough) just use only CE and this alone.. tell me the result..