Are medpacks used automatically on mission completion?

Cedric

using medikits is only useful to reduce their chance of dying on the mission

wow, I always thought the opposite and used medkits after getting every scratch! Now I recall situations that clearly support your point... better to understand it late than never :)

it's a shame this fact is not in the game hints

hmm... while you are generally right, can't agree about this exact spot. Medikit restores health - why anyone has to assume the gain will be removed once the crew is back to the base? Instead people think "the game suggests to use medikits, so it's wrong not to do it"

If this "temporary health" had different color (light or dark red) then it would have been more obvious. Currently it's a design oversight IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Also Medikits are very important. In the Normal Game and especially for Mods.

Firstly the Medikits remove bloody Wounds (drops of blood in the Soldierpicture in Tac Missions). Use cover to reduce the chance for enemy hits on your Soldiers. If it happens that the Soldiers are getting hits (esp. heavy hits), look for drops of blood and use a Medikit to heal that soldier. A drop of blood makes adittional injury damage.

Secondly they bring back health to max. 50 % of Normal. So the Soldiers can fight to the End of a tac mission. Use healed Soldiers wiesly.

hmm... what about advanced medikits? Is their healing effect also "wears off" after the end of the mission?

They are just using the coding.. just a bit more powerful. .

I wish we had ranged healing.. I would love to give to aliens.. haha searching the sniper healer would be fun :)