What file is the save file?

• 2 months later...

Hmm.. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Could you please tell me what extension the save game file has? The game has hung on me and I need to find it and post it. Everything was default installed. V1.51 (alien turn hang as a Cesian opens the door to a scout UFO).

I'm playing Veteran Iron man mode, and the latter is maybe why i cant find the save. Thanks.

p.s I know it should be a .sav file but i cant find it (I have "show hidden/all file extensions" checked). All I can find is:

__newGameSave__ 19KB

Is that all it is for iron man? I can load the save in but it will hang every time I go to the alien turn.

Edited by ooey

Hmm.. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Could you please tell me what extension the save game file has? The game has hung on me and I need to find it and post it. Everything was default installed. V1.51 (alien turn hang as a Cesian opens the door to a scout UFO).

I'm playing Veteran Iron man mode, and the latter is maybe why i cant find the save. Thanks.

p.s I know it should be a .sav file but i cant find it (I have "show hidden/all file extensions" checked). All I can find is:

__newGameSave__ 19KB

Is that all it is for iron man? I can load the save in but it will hang every time I go to the alien turn.

Fairly certain there should be something else in the folder other than that. Don't know where to suggest looking if your saves aren't in that folder though.

I tried and that works fine (a .sav file appears). I can't quite fathom it. It means I cant send the save file as part of the bug report :-(.

Thanks for your help anyway. It may just be that this is one of the bugs that cropped up in 1.51 and chris has fixed it in 1.55.

Edit - sorted it and posted bug report

Edited by ooey