Xenonauts V1.53 Experimental Released!

@Troublechuter - nope, there's no seeding. However, if you play the gc_editor version of the game, there's a debug tool that's posted in the mod section of the forums that will give you the debug output on your shots (i.e. what each of the dice rolls were and what they needed to be to succeed).

@thick - nope, it's definitely a bug and it's good you reported it. It's just one that only affects some systems or perhaps some resolutions...hopefully we'll get it fixed soon anyway.

Saw a landed UFO way off in Australia. Out of range of my interceptors, so sent my Charlie. By the time I got there, as I assumed, the UFO had lifted off and escaped. Charlie patrolled, detected a base, game then crashed when I tried to assault it. However, if I flew my dropship all the way back home, refuelled, and then returned to the base again, the mission loaded. Tried this process several times, and each time I tried to immediately attack the base, CTD, each time I went home and returned, no problem.

Don't know if this will help you track the bug, but thought I'd report it.

Manual targeting won't work if shooting at an object with a 100% blocking chance.

Spotted an alien hiding behind a prop. Tried to target him with my machine gunner to either kill him or blow away his cover, but could not take the shot at either tile. However, if targeting anything else within view with less than 100% blocking chance, no issues.

I was wondering if you guys have thought of adding a possible free battle mode, instead of just campaign or even if possible a multiplayer mode. I love the game thank you for a cool game. :)

It already exists. It's called Frozen Synapse.

Thanks for your continuing support of Xenonauts. Best money ever spent on a game. I lost my first playthrough on 1.00 and I had a blast. I'm looking forward to the next stable version to start another one !

i saw both frozen synapse and laser squad nemesis and well is just not what a quite wanted, i have already seen a quick made mod that allowed you to be the Ceasians in xenonauts and that looked much cooler,but it would be cool if they made xenonauts into a multiplayer game as well with the abilitie to play on one computer like a game where you can pass it to your friend. Tnx for the suggestions though.

Manual targeting won't work if shooting at an object with a 100% blocking chance.

Spotted an alien hiding behind a prop. Tried to target him with my machine gunner to either kill him or blow away his cover, but could not take the shot at either tile. However, if targeting anything else within view with less than 100% blocking chance, no issues.

Actually, thanks for reminding me about that one, I had the same issue with the doors on a UFO. I wanted to blow up one of the internal doors with a rocket, but wasn't able to actually target the door itself because it was "blocked". I think the door might have been "blocking" itself!

Are you sure that the "can't target an object with 100% block chance" is actually that? I.e. is the wall appearing in green or red?

It looks to me that you can target them fine, but it's just very difficult to actually target the walls. When I'm getting the "block" problem it's because the cursor is snapping to the tile behind it and trying to target that (which is actually blocked by the wall).

Sorry, you're right. If you aim at one part of certain props/walls/air ducts, you get a red X and cannot shoot (because, as you said, the cursor snaps to the tile behind it). Adjust your aim ever so slightly and now you can target the prop. My bad, I was in the middle of a big firefight, and getting frustrated at trying to blow away a lot of intervening cover.

Any other ideas/news on the base assault bug? I've been trying it for days now, and it crashes on every occasion. I tried changing some of the game options, too (resolution, etc).

I'm now frozen in the game, waiting for a possible solution, since I'm 3 days away from the end of the month and I will be losing the continent if I don't wipe out that base.

Any other ideas/news on the base assault bug? I've been trying it for days now, and it crashes on every occasion. I tried changing some of the game options, too (resolution, etc).

I'm now frozen in the game, waiting for a possible solution, since I'm 3 days away from the end of the month and I will be losing the continent if I don't wipe out that base.

This is supposed to be fixed in the new release candidate for XCE. Don't know whether they'll be importing new fixes from XCE into vanilla at this point though (I suspect maybe yes in this instance since it seems to be fairly game-breaking).