Lore Query

leXie

Xenonauts is a blast so far! But the time frame of the game's setting got me wondering...

How did the Iceland Incident affect the space race?

Did Apollo carry guns, just in case?

Did the collaboration of the governments bring the race to a draw?

I know there are man-made recon satellites in the game now, so it didn't stop the space race completely... But did humanity go to the Moon?

That also makes a lot of sense...considering that the original ship was destroyed entirely, there wouldn't really be any evidence, meaning that even if the Xenonauts did warn anyone going up there, they wouldn't be able to prove it, and they'd know it, so they wouldn't bother.

Who knows, maybe the space race, happening years after the scout ship was destroyed, was what sparked the invasion? I know that it's stated in the Xenopedia that they just invade everyone, but considering that they did not believe in more than themselves becoming interstellar, and then they saw the Apollo mission, maybe they considered that an issue.

Just a thought though, it would still not explain the fact that they sort of toy with humanity for a long time...I'm only in April though, so I'm not sure.