[V1.09 - Direct3D device failure] Cannot load game

When starting the game, the launcher loads.

and Press 'Play Xenonauts' then

Immediately it gets failure - Failed creating the Direct3D device.

I am Using Nividia graphics GeForce GT 650M - Driver v344.65

DirectX v11.0 verified to have no errors

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - service pack 1

I Tried changing resolution settings - no fix

Tried changing graphics performance - no fix

Reinstalled two times - no fix

Hmmm, I'm not sure what might be causing this. You've tried playing in windowed mode and also playing in non-windowed mode on a smaller than native resolution?

Your graphics card and DX11 should be enough to run it, particularly if you've got up to date graphics card drivers. Is this on Steam?

This is on Steam.

We tried all resolution options the launcher allows, as well as windowed and not windowed.

We tried the steam properties -widowed option.

We tried the steam -W800 -H600 forcing graphics properties option.

We tried using the xenonauts.exe properties launching options of 800x600 as well as running in admin mode. 800x600 only showed a title screen, there were no launch game buttons.

We uninstalled the game through control panel, re-installed and verifyied all files.

We tried to install new DX11 through microsoft, but the install said we had the up to date version.

We tried to force -dxlevel90 through steam launch

Nothing worked.

Is there a way we can send you the launch logs for debugging? How can we access those?

Thanks for the update. Sadly, I doubt you can access any useful error logs. This sounds like a problem between your machine and the game engine itself (which unfortunately we don't have the source code to, so dealing with these issues is difficult for us).

Please send me an email at chris@xenonauts.com and I'll see if a non-Steam version of the game works better for you. If not, we'll sort you out with a refund.