Some Thoughts on Overhauling the Geoscape

kabill

it's 5/5 in dyn.ufos, what means 5% chance per check and 5 days detection delay. The latter seem to correlate with the game, but I'm unsure about 5%...

for instance, setting 1st value to 0 changes nothing (while I expect the base should not be detected). Also, setting the 2nd value to 0 should result in immediate base detection (at least while the 1st value is 100), but it does not... can you test these cases on occassion?

atm, I'm totally uncertain if I like current behaviour or not, and if not then what values I like to see instead.

it's 5/5 in dyn.ufos, what means 5% chance per check and 5 days detection delay. The latter seem to correlate with the game, but I'm unsure about 5%...

for instance, setting 1st value to 0 changes nothing (while I expect the base should not be detected). Also, setting the 2nd value to 0 should result in immediate base detection (at least while the 1st value is 100), but it does not... can you test these cases on occassion?

atm, I'm totally uncertain if I like current behaviour or not, and if not then what values I like to see instead.

Could possibly do a test later but as I say, I'm fairly certain I've had it work (maybe I imagined it though).

what files set the contents of the UFO that are retrieved and sold in the end of GC?

i got the same question.. can be hardcoded..

its not the place but do you know where the sprite files of the 2 sitting ppl on compuper at the geosphere map..left and right parts of the info screen.. i want to fire that guys :)

giving the plane a chance to detect the base has drawbacks:

- it contributes to bad habits, i.e. player will constantly feel the urge to patrol the planet; less chance = more patrol

- if the chance is 100% it completely undermines auto-detect settings, i.e. no need to wait for days if you can quickly send a plane

- looks rather unrealistic: how an interceptor can detect a hidden underground base?

so my vision is it better to disable plane-detection completely, if it eventually comes to coding.

PS

do I understand correctly: detection auto-check is performed once every few days, which amount is set in alienBaseDiscoveryCycle?

will u have the option to not activate it?

its something fantastic idea.. just a huge c4.. but probably it will crash the game or kill all your soldiers too.. maybe i do it not so powerfull one but like XNT c4.. it was like a nukre anyway..

pff i am bored.. not so many activity at forum and no need to talk about this kind of thing at this topic..