MAG Visual Modification - Currently precision rifle - Looking for input

venthe

Hey :)

I'm under way of making a visual update of MAG weapons, I've started with precision rifle. Generally goals are to make sleeker weapon, but not really sniper ridle - more like DMR, as ranges in xenonauts are never as close in real sniping situations :) So, is there something you dislike, you would suggest, or should I polish it and release?

MAGprecision.jpg

MAGprecision.jpg

MAGprecision.jpg.92bfad75290be9ff7cd3c0d

Edited by venthe
Polish my English

It's just my personal taste, but could you try a more matte finish on the top instead of that shiny metallic and a barrel a bit darker? Maybe the barrel in the same color than the scope.

IMHO a "gritty dark sci-fi" look fits better with the game than "shiny fantasy sci-fi".

Great job, looking forward for the complete set.

Okay, based on your input... Third iteration. Matte finish, toned town, contrast decreased on scope and sights... More polished in general. Ah, about the iron sights - as I treat this as DMR, Xenonauts need to be mobile, and their weapons functional - I've decided to add them, but foldable. Personally, I use Endersblade's Modified Precision Rifle, but MAG is supposed to be more advanced and more suited to assymetrical warfare. Scope is suspecible to be broken, but now... Just detach it, and you have functional weapon. :)

MAGprecision.jpg

MAGprecision.jpg

MAGprecision.jpg.4279bf30b2d0030daaa9f49

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5850[/ATTACH]

Here it is - completed mod

Grubo, i've decided to slightly bump up specularity and color - 20% less dark - to closely match original. It's still darker, but not as much as before. Fixed blend in some places... And done. Now... Carbine or Rifle? :)

I'm voting for the Rifle to be done next. :3

(You has a great mod btw)