[v1.52] Grame freezes when alien climbing window

I use the random map pack mod and I don't know if it was the cause. When an alien (Sebilian is a sure one) climb a window (and fence) the game freezes.

Here is the save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAg1zeC3UwQNkR3VEkyZ0dsWkk/view?usp=sharing

I am playing an ironman game and I can't play on if this is not fixed :(

Edited by rubbish_dog

I can't think why it would be related to the map, certainly not the one's I've produced anyway. If it was a map issue at all I'd have thought it would be because of a prop spectre but I've not modified any windows or fences in any of my packs. More likely it's an issue with the animation spectre for the alien in question, I'd have thought.

Sorry for the slow reply, we don't check bugs over the weekend. I've just loaded this file up and it's freezing for me too.

In order to move forwards in your game, please go to the game directory and load up Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe and load up the game as normal. In the mission just press V and it'll win the mission automatically, which should let you play on while we fix the bug.

Hi there! I experience the same Problem and can be a little more specific:

The game freezes (at 100% on one CPU core), as soon as any NPC (Alien or Civilist) climbs over any obstacle and enters a tile that's outside the squads LoS. Not sure, if the Problem also occurs if the target tile is totally unknown (black), but the if it is just currently "greyed", then the game will freeze 100% of the cases.

Workaround is to either try again and hope, AI takes a different move the next time, or just turn your own soldiers so that both tiles (starting and ending tile of the climbing Animation) are either in sight or out of sight.

And though I'm currently also playing with additional map packs, I'm pretty sure that the Problem already existed before I installed them.

Hope this helps and would be great if you could fix this. :)

Greetings & thanks!!

The freeze does not occur if the alien is out of sight I think. Because in my save file, there were two aliens trying to climb obstacles in the same turn, and both of them lead to a freeze. I know this because I tried to turn my solder facing away from the first moving alien, trying to avoid the freeze. But of course there was another alien trying to climb a window when my soldiers had no TUs left to turn away.