X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

Omg... so many weapons, I am really scared about the purposefulness of all these weapons... I remembered that in the XNT (where we had, lets say, 8 weapons per Tier) I had a big problem with choosing correct weapon without having this strange feeling "what the hell is the dfirrence?!".

This time you will have that problem but without that feeling.. At the tooltips you will see the weapons speciality.. + and - specs.. but the biggest problem will be that you wont have enough soldiers to use that guns :)

Impressive! Does all of them have Xenopedia descriptions?

Because of a lame thing i lost my research data i worked.. any i always check twise so not a big problem..

But i am not a "coder" so i dont like to write so long.. even i passed my patience at this project realy..

So this research-manufacture-ufopedia-tooltip writing boring me so much and it slows me down..

Keep it simple.

Example for laser:

"First laser gun was invented in 1974 by Ulrich von Laserheim. Laboratory tests proved its lethality and high penetration potential.

Although, due to complicated production process lasers are very expensive.

Bunch of statistics:

dmg - 100

pen - 144

ammo - power cell (AAA)

color - any color as long as it is black (if u are a girl u can also get pink one)

good against: androns and tanks

bad against: civilians and our soldiers"

UPDATE:

-All weapons armor assignments finished. Started to research and manufacture lines..

-As a fast boring man, i changed the mods name "X-Division - In Earth We Fight".. X-Division amblem finished..

x_amblem.jpg

Oh! I like this logo!

And i think the fool ufopedia description is not necessarily at this point.

I'd say for testing period it's better not to bother even with tooltips - just give the spreadsheet with weapon stats, and say thanks later when you have to re-edit this stats again (w/o having to rewrite the tooltips :) )

I dont want to spoil everything with giving the sheet but you are right..

As research chain, first i didnt want to change the default chain, but now i think i will update it with new researchs and some chains..

Mod is 1.5 GB as noncompressed for now..

While I am no longer active I do drop from time to time to see if there is something new and how much mod community progressed.As I said sometime ago it's nice to see project like but... 80 new researches ?

This is coming from me, since I didn't follow development for a long time so I missed important topics that were discussed and I haven't played mod since little time I have available is consumed by Dragon Age Inquisition.So If I would to start,playing Xenonauts today and choose this mod,some question would rise in my mind,like how did author balance those 80 new researches because that's .... enormous amount of new elements.

Now I know that you don't want to spoil surprise but there probably is a way to tease and clarify this and not spoil anything along the way.

Edited by Sentelin

While I am no longer active I do drop from time to time to see if there is something new and how much mod community progressed.As I said sometime ago it's nice to see project like but... 80 new researches ?

This is coming from me, since I didn't follow development for a long time so I missed important topics that were discussed and I haven't played mod since little time I have available is consumed by Dragon Age Inquisition.So If I would to start,playing Xenonauts today and choose this mod,some question would rise in my mind,like how did author balance those 80 new researches because that's .... enormous amount of new elements.

Now I know that you don't want to spoil surprise but there probably is a way to tease and clarify this and not spoil anything along the way.

hi sentelin..

Those researchs make new weapons avaible.. there are about 30 new enemy weapons.. pulse, ion, blood(chemical), matergy (kinetic), vindicator and more are all enemy weapon branchs.. so our vanilla researchs are not only "alien plasma" related..

All the 3 tiers laser-plasma-MAGs will have sub researchs to link them better and allows you manufacture non tier weapons.. you wont able to jump to plasma from nothing.. nearly every research will have surprises for you..

At ballistic weapons you will research accelareted bullet techs one by one to the hypervelocity gauss weapons.. at energy you will go further at alien power sources and these will lead you to the wave technology.. you will make enrichments to alien alloy and alerium and maybe you will create an ultimate alloys to create more powerfull weapons..

With much more researchs you will need to time to search them.. so i will decrease all the reseach times lowers (3/4 of the default) and will make the game a bit slower..

The tiers wont be named energy,plasma,MAGs.. they will be under "Weapon Techs" tab, as Basic,Advanced,High,Ultimate.. so for example Advanced tier will be focused at lasers but have new ballistic and chemical techs and weapons..

Edited by drages

Update:

Tier 1 2 and 3 research manufacture and string codes finished. Only tier 4 and new alien techs left.

I made many hours or even days of brain storming about manufacturing. I thought about reverse engineering all the enemy weapons but having 30 dessemble manufacturing at UI won't look so good.. so I added 3 more resource, enriched allow, enriched Alenium and one total new. U will manufacture them with alien reactors and other material mixing.. only unique weapons will need them.

Unique weapons need much more then tier weapons as money and material. We will see this balance at gaming tests.. I want u to be happy when u manufacture a new unique weapon rather then mass production of it..

I tried to link all the research. You will need many researchers and workers for sure. So I will balance the capacity of buildings too.. all these weapons will need many resources so I will create more opportunities for money and material gain..

as ufo Pedia. .I will try to find a picture for all new techs.. for me human weapons damages and stats all are very balanced as I did so I plan only change alien weapons and stats at balance period. Even for this I will wait for weapon ufo Pedia pages. They can be added I game testing period.

if there is no problem, I plan to publish the mod at this weekend.

UPDATE:

-Tier 4 and alien research-manufacture-strings finished.. i need to add the selling prices.. and then i will go for ufopedia entries..

-I hope all the research and manufacture lines are working.. at least game is not crashing so it means most of coding is correct..

All is going as planned.. i hope it will be ready at saturday night..

Did you finish the new alien weapon & load outs as well? Makes me curious how you intend to have unlock requirements for these new researches be. Either way I'll try to make time to play out your mod though I've been pretty busy recently :)

yes I finished them. There will many different researches for you.. from radioactivity to hardon collide :) I added so many scientific things to game. Even I couldn't find anything for last weapons.. even I got more things to add but I don't have names to give them :)

Speaking of Testers;

I've got quite a bit of time on my hands and would be fully willing to test for bugs and report them back here.

thank you.. I am making ufopedia pictures now.. As teorical everything should working.. the research times and enemy fire power/stats should be balanced if needs..

At test period i will make fast hotfixes and will work on sounds/projectile/particles much more.. The vehicles and airforce will be in progress too..

I would like to make huge test but not at alpha stage. I will hold myself till first tests will be finished and then I will start to play.

Dont think its alpha.. I am working so hard for to launch it at more then beta.. You can just sit and play as serious like its finished.. I dont want to publish a soulless alpha so even i finish ufopedia art before launch.. With so many new features to see, i want to play it so much.. but there is no time.. i am jumping between photoshop, google search, notepad++ and excel non stop and i am very sick at the moment..

Its your decition ofcourse..

Edited by drages