X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

UPDATE:

Good News: Ufopedias finished. Game is working.. Researchs and manufactures are working..

Bad News: There is some #### here and there.. some research lines creates unexpected results. Its not a bad things but i dont want it to lock the game progress.. but it makes every game different too..

For example as i said there are many alien weapons.. some are ballistic some are energy.. and if you encountered energy weapon using aliens you can get laser weapon earlier then advanced ballistic weapons..

And i cant loot other then plasmacell as ammo.. other weapon ammos are just not there even i gave 3-4 of them.. there should be something i missed maybe..

UPDATE:

Good News: Ufopedias finished. Game is working.. Researchs and manufactures are working..

Bad News: There is some #### here and there.. some research lines creates unexpected results. Its not a bad things but i dont want it to lock the game progress.. but it makes every game different too..

For example as i said there are many alien weapons.. some are ballistic some are energy.. and if you encountered energy weapon using aliens you can get laser weapon earlier then advanced ballistic weapons..

And i cant loot other then plasmacell as ammo.. other weapon ammos are just not there even i gave 3-4 of them.. there should be something i missed maybe..

Upload a download of the current version and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

In the meantime try going to "C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts" and opening "logfile" up to see if it's something wrong with Mod Merging.

Believe me you will need more time than that. Relax and take your time.

Yeah your experience talks truth.. but I can't wait for weeks. I got a baby on the way at RL ::) I wish I had a team too. But man of doge is a nice tester so I will give the jop to him.. but for other ppl I don't want to give them a #### mess..

Mod is up.. start to play!

Hardcore testing to commence in 5 Minutes time.

Testing period will range over several days' time after which; all discovered bugs will be coalesced into one post for the sake of convenience.

ModMerge logfile.txt Results:

-Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: Ammo

-Merging XML for ammos.xml from mod mods/xdivision/ failed.

-Merging Excel XML for mods/xdivision/ from mod researches.xml failed.

-Missing string for labels for 'ammo.stunshotgun', 'weapon.t2special.lasercannon', 'ammo.lasercannon', 'ammo.minigun', 'weapon.AlienBloodHeavy', 'Items.CruiserHull', 'Items.antimatter' 'Items.HardonCollider', 'weapon.flamethrower'

-Merging XML for projectiles/heavylaser/heavylaser_spectre.xml from mod mods/xdivision/ failed.

GC Tests 1-through-3:

-Soldier used a Blood Rifle's Burstfire on a Sebillian before the Blood Rifle suddenly vanished at the start of the next turn. It is unknown as to why the Blood Rifle vanished after use.

-Ground Combat seems to be appropriately balanced and casualties lessen significantly once the Hunter Scout Car is gained--just as XNT had intended for vehicles.

-Ceasans are pinpoint-accurate, quick to stun both themselves and your soldiers, but die quickly in the flames of a flamethrower's wrath. They also die quickly to their own weapons, amusingly enough.

-Missing 'quickthrow' image for the Blood Grenade.

-Those graphics are incredible! ^_^

Geoscape Test #1:

Researches.xml was scrapped by ModMerge.

Scatterlaser ammunition is missing but it's place is still there.

Edited by Man of Doge

There is no mod working with this mod for now. At least until I finish mod merging working. Won't be so long.

I can add fth later when I start working air fights. For now this is a fine working test version . Didn't touch to doors opening. Because I think auto close doors are important for ufo defenders. For that reason u need to use high explosives..

and I remembered that I would give much more health to ufo doors.. I will add this today's hot fix I hope.

i feel like auto closing doors were added because its easier then programing the ai to close it themselves after they are done shooting, also any idea how i could change the psi powers to only be usable from sight range ( not squad sight or infinite range )

Man Of doge it was very nice first look. I am on duty now and will look to problems after 10 hours and make a hot fix. If you find somethings more please share!

Will do!

UPDATE #1:

Take a look at the "Ammos.xml" file:

<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.flamethrower">

<stockTextureName>weapons/ballistic/flamethrower_ammo</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>weapons/ballistic/flamethrower_ammo</dragTextureName>

<slotsizex>1</slotsizex>

<slotsizey>2</slotsizey>

<weight>1</weight>

</Ammo>

Deletion of the above snipet will cause Mod Merging of the "ammos.xml" file to work.

Edited by Man of Doge

HOTFIX 0.9HF1 is up!..

Man of Doge i couldnt find modmerge problem at research.xml and aliens still dont drop new weapons ammo.. do u have any idea?

The Research file could potentially have the vanilla researches in the wrong order. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong...

The Aliens are dropping their ammos on my end. I haven't fought Androns yet though...

The Research file could potentially have the vanilla researches in the wrong order. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong...

The Aliens are dropping their ammos on my end. I haven't fought Androns yet though...

They drop new weapons ammo too? not just plasmacells?

By the way i checked coding at airplanes and i saw there is an armor value which never used.. there are much to do for me :)

They drop new weapons ammo too? not just plasmacells?

By the way i checked coding at airplanes and i saw there is an armor value which never used.. there are much to do for me :)

Yup, they drop both the weapons and the ammo. I've had LOTS of fun using the Ceasan Weapons against themselves. ^_^

Does the armour value even do anything? I always thought it was something that never got fully implemented. :confused:

Doge please leave caesan weapons alone. They are their weapons. Use ur guns ffs!! :)

Hmm laser ammo is not unlimited then. Tomorrow I will add it to hot fix 2..

Aircraft armor is just absorbing.. if ur plane armor 100 and hit by 150 u take 50 damage. But it's never go lower like personal armors. . This will be very good to my heavy Torpido planes.. I got some fresh ideas about air combat but i need more tests..

so armor can make certain ufos vulnerable only to heavy missiles... this can be effectively used, the bad thing it's not transparent... I guess Xenopedia is the only place where the player can get the clue what's going on... Another question what is the final goal of such a change?

Edited by podbelski