X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

After some long work..

-New heavy explosives are ready with their own explosion-groundimage-gui image... they are hard to throw as they get powerfull.. they are heavy and takes more place at backpack.. but they ignore nearly most resistances so a pure huge damage to enemies you cant take down with other ways..

-All other grenades are balanced and made their radius 2 to 3.. so you will feel the damage differences between their charges and grenades.. Hvy explosives will have 4 to 5 radius.. for now..

-All the ufo and alien base doors and base energy core hit points(which one u need to destroy to erase the base without killing everything) will be very very high, nearly bullet proof.. so if you want them destroyed, u need that explosives.. i am planning to make ufo and base command room doors locked... mostly no alien goes out from there so it looks logical to make them locked to us..

-Chemical and EMP rockets added as basic and advanced one.. they got both their explosive effects and EMP weapon creates static fields now.. :o.O

-Power baton added for ppl who like to hit aliens head...

-Advanced EMP grenade added.. maybe i add an extreme version too..

-The Jackal Armor from XNT added as Fox Armor with explosive resistance to save shield users..

Some spoilers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5900[/ATTACH]

Loved most of this, not a big fan of extremes (nor extreme C4 or grenades or rockets) that would make sense for most vehicles but shouldn't be available to xenonauts.

Big fan of the idea of locking the doors so we are forced to blow them up (would be nice if a message would hint you this in the mod).

By the way how far have you gone with this mod? I mean is it 80% done? is it almost on alpha? cheers!

All the weapon groups will have their purpose as I always say. I made high explosives and they are powerful but you only can throw them in front of u.. so u need to get near.. I didn't touch explosive grenades I only made near tiers to tactical grenades. As rockets again they are most tactical.. but anyway u will have a rocket launcher soldier and 2 3 high explosive with u at battle..

Door locking at ufos will be more harder then I think but I will reinforce them so u won't able to destroy them from away so easily..

My experimental stage is nearly over.. I have nearly any idea about what I have planned.. this mod will be very big one.. I am started to add new guns to enemy and us.. they all coded and tested so I only need to assign them..

As u see I am making new art for new items new bullets new particles new explosions even I am editing all the old art to give the game more soul..

För this reason I gave a name to our spec ops. Division X. Or only x.. I will try to give more history with research too..

I don't count new vehicles and airplanes and new enemies..

För now as your answer, I hope I will finish the GC part of the mode at weekend.

I wanted to make some multi ammunition weapons but sadly the game is not allowing this. So I needed to change some plans.

UPDATE:

- Created 2 Tier class..

1. Armor Penetration (AP) Weapons : Low dmg but AP ability..

2. Armor Destroyer (AD) Weapons : High damage but no AP..

3. Special Weapons : Mixed.. not as tier just pop ups with certain researches meat..

- Kinetic weapons for first AD and AP tear finished.. AD weapons some new and some made of XNT guns and AP weapons totally new.. including a handcannon and autofire sniper.

- Next i am thinking about some melee weapons.. modern axes becouse we got only baton melee animation as soldier sprites, so axes fits more..

- AD and AP energy weapons are on the way..

An example:

2014_12_04_00002.jpg

damn, that's eye candies))

maybe I miss something, but how the player is supposed to guess what weapon set will be required for a particular GC?

Maybe the best option is to create a dropship storage, so it's possible to change outfit during the mission. But I haven't heard neither about this feature nor the plans to implement it...

damn, that's eye candies))

maybe I miss something, but how the player is supposed to guess what weapon set will be required for a particular GC?

Maybe the best option is to create a dropship storage, so it's possible to change outfit during the mission. But I haven't heard neither about this feature nor the plans to implement it...

So this is the question and purpose of this mod!... there wont be any storage.. but maybe your rifleman will bring one ome rifle type too and u will drop the unnecceary one.. maybe u will bring more high explosives.. maybe you will want a base so quick to get a quantum radar..

So all weapon will harm the enemy.. just some of them will be your trumph card.. so this is the idea of giving everything a purpose.. :)

Maybe we should have some smaller quantum radar available much ealier? Provining not all information but half of them.

I don't think there is an option about this.. u will get all info or nothing..

There will be chemical and stun/emp weapons too..

The beginning of the game much more interesting. To find enemies weak point and many new weapons and their purposes.. we will see the results after GC part öf the mod finished and tests begin.. I am working really hard but it's time consuming. ..

I know u radek. Don't worry.. your ideas are very important to me.

XNT is a legend because it opened the way to the all models. . It has no big issues and most of them it's games engines fault.

I want to finish GC part as soon as possible so ppl start to play and test it..

I know u radek. Don't worry.. your ideas are very important to me.

XNT is a legend because it opened the way to the all models. . It has no big issues and most of them it's games engines fault.

I want to finish GC part as soon as possible so ppl start to play and test it..

:')

I trust in your desing capacity, I will be in touch to check the contents and make my comments before release.

Im happy to know that XNT is consider something that important and all my work hours wasnt a waste of time. :)

Update:

- Vanilla Plasma weapons edited to become Armor Destroying (AD) laser weapon..

- New Armor Penetrating (AP) Plasma weapons added.. there is no energy weapon batery/clip/magazine at internet to edit.. i am not happy with result but dont have other option too..

Spoiler:

2014_12_07_00001.jpg

I hope i will finish MAG branch AP-AD weapons.. then unique weapons will be added.. i lost count of how many weapon i added.. I hate to add the weapons to armors and the tooltip/ufopedia adding...

and another spoiler..

2014_12_06_00002.jpg

Update:

-MAG weapons edited to become AD tier and added new MAG weapons as AP weapons..

Now all the vanilla weapons got AD and AP tiers..with this edit they got some specialities too.. some are more heavy, some are faster, some are with recoil.. now i will add unique weapons which are independent from tiers..

The researchs will be 3 part per weapon: small-medium-heavy.. this will give youu proper tier weapons.. you can jump between them.. but with some research chains you will get the unique weapons.. like adv balistic small, laser AP medium, plasma heavy researchs together will give one unique weapon.. this weapons will need many materials and money.. but you will wish to sleep with that..

Before GC part relise, i need to finish alien weapon assignments, tooltips, research and manufacturing, vehicles..

it just doesnt finish..

I NEED SOME VALUNTEERS FOR TOOLTIP OR UFOPEDIA ENTRIES.. ALL HELP WILL BE WELCOME AND WILL MAKE THIS PROGRESS MUCH FASTER!

Spoiler:

2014_12_07_00002.jpg scimitar.png scout.png

UPDATE:

- Chemical Weapons for different tiers finished.. balistics got a injector as melee, lasers got 3, plasmas got 2 and mags got 4.. ofcourse again with their own ammo, projectile effects blabla..

- Flamethrowers added, 1 per balistic,laser and plasma..

Spoiler: Nop.. :)

And got a question, need your ideas:

Should i add some melee weapons? Not 2 handed swords, just military knife/ hand axes.. so if i should, how should be their stats? Fast? deadly?.. need a scenario to put them in action..

As melee we got 2 batons now but they are stun/emp.. and an injector as chemical melee..

Talk a bit here.. i feel alone :(

Edited by drages

I didnt edit the tier damages so much.. so the weapons at plasma tier will be the same damage "output" mostly.. i do the same to the new alien weapons too.. so there wont be a huge off balance i hope..

I want to finish all things so i can fix the balance issiues just with some files when i need it update.. becouse the mod is going to be 1 GB soon..

the melee is just to make more varriants to use..