Medipacks - control files?

Ichthyic

which file contains the data for the percent heal that medipacks do?

the weapons files contain the max damage they will heal, but not the percentage.

i think it would be better if advanced medipacks healed more PERCENT of health, rather than magnitude.

so, basic packs heal 50% of injury, advanced heal 75% of injury.

anywho, I cannot figure out which file contains the percent information.

cheers.

uh... no. all medipacks heal maximum 50% of the damage inflicted on the unit. are you misunderstanding the question?

let me try again:

basic medipacks: heal maximum 50 units of damage, but no more than 50% of any damage inflicted. So if a soldier gets a 75 point wound, a basic medipack would heal 37 points of that damage, maximum, no matter how many tus the healer uses.

advanced medipacks: heal maximum 100 units of damage, but no more than 50% of any damage inflicted. so if a soldier gets a 75 point wound... they STILL only get healed by 37 of that damage, no matter how many tus the healer uses. I've tested this in combat many times.

I want to change the values for the percentage of total damage medipacks can heal.

clear?

if this is still for some reason, unclear, maybe the wiki will help with the description?

http://xenonauts.wikia.com/wiki/Medipack

"A soldier who suffers from any damage will only be able to heal half of the damage they sustained, so if a soldier took 20 points worth of damage, a medipack will only be able to heal 10 health. The Medipack heals in increments of 5 hp for 5 action points. So healing 20 damage would consume 20 action points. "

Edited by Ichthyic

I'm reasonably sure it's hardcoded, but thought to doublecheck here just in case. basically, the way the advanced medkits work right now is a complete waste. you can't actually get 200 point damage wound such that it would heal 50% of that :P for that matter, you can't even get a 100 point wound. in fact, there is absolutely no utility at all to the advanced kit over the basic kit, except the reduction in tus to use it.

no, it should be that the basic kit does 50/50 and the advanced kit does 75/75. that would make much more sense.

I understand what you're saying now, I'm afraid it wasn't clear. Never thought about that. So! Just had a look through the files and I don't think there is one. I believe that the max amount of HP that can be healed is not tied to medipacks, that is to say that the max amount of HP that can be healed is the max amount of HP that can be healed, period. So unless it's hiding somewhere I can't find it, you'd have to persaude a Community Coder to a) make the variables moddable and b) tie different medkit values into the existing code, possibly through an override.

one, this is for personal reasons for the most part... I'm not asking you to play with it.

two, no, you DON'T heal your guys to full health, not even bloody close, even with a 75% healing pack.

on a heavy hit, your guy will STILL be down for a week.

so, please, don't let your sense of playstyle interfere with an obvious request.

advanced medkits add NOTHING to the game as they are.

I just said my opinion.. why the bloody ppl here try to take every word so offensive.. do whatever you want, I don't care a bit.. I don't interfere anything.. lol..

Advanced medkit just makes u carry less medkit. If u play hard difficult with a hard mod it saves life's . So simple..

This is not interfering this is telling own idea. Lame ppl..

As an extra info bit of how the advanced medipacks are actually useful:

If you need to heal several times in a row because you don't have enough (Ammo?) on the medipack, the resulting health will be lower. I don't know how this is calculated, as I never checked in depth when this happened to me in game, but IE: If one of my soldiers takes 70 damage, I'll be able to heal a maximum of 35, but if I need to heal him twice because of a lack of TUs or medipack supplies it will end up with a maximum healed damage under that original 50%.

TL,DR: With advanced medipacks you'll run less into the problem of being unable to heal that max of 50% of the original damage taken.