[v1.09] Geospace Casualties

In Geospace harmless alien events like UFO sightings, Corn Crops, Communication Disrupts etc. all create casualties, despite their yet harmless nature. I currently only have one base at the beginning of the game but dozens of such events in places I cannot see or do anything about, lowering my starting game funding massively because of this.

Is this working as intended? Apart from the confusion as later events always name the amount of casualties and these do not, I don't see how crop circles or a single UFO sighting could cause 10 casualties. Last but not least it's a bit "unfair" in the early game as you dont have the funds to do anything about it.

The funding loss is tied to the event rather than the number of casualties (which are just random flavour numbers), altho it's weird if casualties are indeed being caused.

But yes, it's done by design - it's to put pressure on you to expand your coverage. If there were only events in places you had protected, there'd be no reason to do that :)

i always assumed that crop circles and sightings were accompanied by quick landings, and abductions, perhaps of isolated people

its also possible for people to die from alien radiation as it flies over their houses, or from fright :)

Edited by Argh