[v1.09 - Geospace] Various Bugs/Typos/Exploits

Hi there! I haven't played much -yet- but I've found a few minor flaws I'd like to report:

1. [v1.09 - Geospace (Xenopedia)] Caesan Autopsy Typo

The Caesan autopsy debriefing says they're 170cm = 5'7'' tall. However between brackets it reads they're 5'6'' = 167cm tall.

2. [v1.09 - Geospace (Xenopedia)] Scout UFO Typo

This entry reads: [...] 8mm thick but rising to double that in a some areas [...]

Somebody should revise the other Xenopedia entries looking for typos ;)

3. [v1.09 - Geospace (Store Management)] Worthless Civilian Firearms Stored

When armed civilians, militia or local forces are killed and drop their weapons (pump-action shotguns, AK47, etc), these weapons are retrieved and kept in your base storeroom. Nevertheless, you can't make any use of them after the battle and their selling prices are $0 (obviously because you have an unlimited amount of weapons/ammo) which is rather pointless.

storeroom.jpg

4. [v1.09 - Geospace (Soldier Equipment)] Shock Baton without Description Tag

When you hover your pointer over the shock baton, the tag only shows the name of this weapon and doesn't give any description about its stats (eg stun damage) like the rest of the gear.

5. [v1.09 - Geospace (Soldier Equipment)] The "Forgetful" Rocket Launcher

If you equip one of your soldiers with a rocket launcher loaded with a stun rocket, save your progress and then load this game, you'll find this rocket launcher is now armed with a standard frag rocket.

6. [v1.09 - Geospace (Barracks/Soldier-Vehicle Equipment)] Ubiquitous Soldiers/Vehicles Exploit and Game Crash

When you deploy your dropship loaded with soldiers/vehicles, you can still manage them from the barracks screen. You can bring back to the base a soldier/vehicle that is being transported in a Charlie chopper (by setting his/her/its status unassigned), re-equip him/her/it and even transfer him/her/it to another base while (s)he/it is clearly away from the base; thus, you can modify your squad freely (add, remove or transfer soldiers/vehicles and re-equip them) even if the transport has taken off. If you send a dropship to a crashsite and remove all the soldiers and vehicles from the transport, the game will crash while loading the ground combat map.

Other observations:

-- Badly injured soldiers are instantly transported to the base instead of staying with the others after the mission.

-- The same thing regarding the mission loot: alien technologies, resources, etc are instantly submitted to the research division and storerooms.

-- If you go to a crashsite right after another one, your squad will be equipped as it was in the first mission (same weapons assignment and full of ammo and grenades; tanks will be repaired as well). Though we may think the dropship has enough supplies.

Regards

storeroom.jpg

storeroom.jpg.0beb9f9e4dd7e778751d987f3e

Edited by XenoneX

I'm glad I can help, Chris :). By the way, here's another little bug I have encountered recently:

7. [v1.09 Geospace (Research)] - Alien Invasion Project Info Keeps Appearing After Commencing a New Topic

Once you've selected a new research subject and hit the commence button, the text referring to the Alien Invasion issue (the first research project in the game) will appear in the description box instead of showing any other option (eg a blank box or the info about the first project on the list).

Lab.jpg

Lab.jpg

Lab.thumb.jpg.09182ed5dfebbe02e54275b6b6

Edited by XenoneX

• 2 weeks later...

8. [v1.09 Geospace (Soldier Equipment)] - The game crashes when a soldier is sent to a mission with a gun clip (or rocket) equipped as a weapon

If you place a magazine or rocket in the soldier's weapon slots and send him/her to the battlefield, the game will crash while loading the ground combat map.

9. [v1.09 Geospace (Vehicle/Aircraft Equipment)] - Tanks (and dropships) don't keep their missions/kills record

Armoured vehicles don't seem to retain their missions/kills score as soldiers and interceptors do.

EDIT: Dropships don't keep their number of missions score either.

Edited by XenoneX

10. [v1.09 Geospace (Aircraft Equipment)] - Wrong Ammo Levels

The ammo level of a fighter is always at 100% in the aircraft equipment section and doesn't reflect the real percentage which is properly represented on the aircraft launch control list.

Aircraft Equipment:

Aircraft Equipment.jpg

Aircraft Launch Control:

Aircraft Launch Control.jpg

Aircraft Equipment.jpg

Aircraft Launch Control.jpg

577e7d3151b1d_AircraftEquipment.thumb.jp

577e7d315911d_AircraftLaunchControl.thum

11. [v1.09 Geospace (Soldier Equipment Screen)] - Soldiers' Data Sheet Typos & Suggestions

For the Spanish troops:

Bios.jpg

-- Where it is written Grupo Especiales, it should read Grupos Especiales (Special Groups).

-- Likewise, where it says Unidad Especiales, it should read Unidades Especiales (Special Units).

However, these two terms (Special Groups/Units) are quite generic and may refer to any special division of the Army or the police, for instance. On the contrary, the EZAPAC, which stands for EscuadrĂ³n de Zapadores Paracaidistas or Airborne Sappers Brigade, is included in the game and that's a rather specific unit belonging to the Spanish Air Force (SPAF).

There are a couple of military units that could replace the previous non-specific words (Special Groups/Units) and fit perfectly with the game context:

BRIPAC (or Paratrooper Brigade)

The BRIPAC (a short for Brigada Paracaidista) is the Spanish Paratrooper Brigade. The BRIPAC (aka black berets) is considered the elite force in the Spanish Army and was created in 1953. Don't confuse the EZAPAC with the BRIPAC: the first one belongs to the SPAF whilst the other is the airborne combat unit in the Spanish "terrestrial" Army. The BRIPAC is well known for its military intervention in the Spanish Sahara. More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paratrooper_Brigade_%28Spain%29

BRILEG (or Spanish Legion)

The Spanish Legion is the land light infantry and the backbone of the Spanish Armed Forces. It was formed in 1920. Check it out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Legion

What do you think, Chris?

For the Greeks:

On the other hand, some unusual or blurred characters fill the combat experience field for this Greek soldier:

Combat Experience.jpg

This is my last bug report. My game version is a bit outdated and I prefer to wait for the final patch release so that I can fully enjoy the game. Meanwhile, I wish you the best and I hope your team and the other people in the forum will help you rid Xenonauts of the last remaining bugs.

Take care

Bios.jpg

Combat Experience.jpg

Bios.jpg.597ce3041a907e80358403d81855e55

577e7d3218ef0_CombatExperience.jpg.2a0dd

Edited by XenoneX