Xenonauts V1.51 Experimental Released!

Xenonauts V1.51 Experimental has been released. Please read this thread on the Experimental builds before you read the rest of this post: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

This is an update for Xenonauts V1.5 (changelog here) with the following adjustments:

In a future version we will be removing the bullet scattering code that has carried over from X:CE as this does not appear to be a definite upgrade on what is already present.

Please let us know if you experience any issues with V1.51!

Had a play with this, here's what I've found so far:

First of all I have a Greek soldier whose combat experience is listed as "####" rather than a unit name or "none", so I'm assuming that's a bug.

Quicksave is now working correctly.

The mouse wheel now appears to raise and lower my elevation rather than allowing me to quickly scroll between different types of shot, even if my cursor is over an enemy so that's irritating but I don't know if its a bug or an undocumented feature. I can still switch between shot types by right-clicking, but to auto-fire I have to manually pick auto-fire from the bottom menu. Basically its not strictly broken, but I'd rather have it back as it was.

Finally, I don't see the memorial screen anywhere. Was this supposed to be included as part of the community edition changes?

The mouse wheel now appears to raise and lower my elevation rather than allowing me to quickly scroll between different types of shot, even if my cursor is over an enemy so that's irritating but I don't know if its a bug or an undocumented feature.

That is one thing from the community edition I really don't want to miss anymore. You can easily switch between soldiers via the tabs (maybe "tab"-key would be a nice keyboard option as well) but having to manually select levels on the right side was a pain before ...

Just my opinion ...

Chris.. i want to ask u something.. with 1.5, you added many things from CE.. so will 0.30 CE work with 1.5 without problem? Will all the mods need to make an overhaul becouse of this change? or will the coders make a CE version totally new after 1.5 is offical?

As a new modder, should i wait the final result to begin?

llunak might be able to provide the specifics, but basically now enemy fighters are no longer counted as "cannot evade" if the craft they are accompanying cannot. This means torpedoes have less auto-resolve score than before, and I think there's been some tweaks to the values around the low fuel and low health stuff too.

100% victory should also never result in your squadron being entirely destroyed, I believe.

You can go into a settings file and choose what function you want the mouse wheel to do. I personally have it so that it changes levels, and also moves through the aim modes when you have the cursor on an enemy.

Sorry, I am away from home, so cannot jump into the files to tell you exactly where it is.

Finally, I don't see the memorial screen anywhere. Was this supposed to be included as part of the community edition changes?

No, that's not been included.

That's too bad, it's a big feature for the "ambience" for the way Xenonauts (and any x-com inspired game) is played.

Luckily we'll still have the CE, so whatever, but i consider it a big missing feature for the "vanilla" Xenonauts.

I'd like to mention how impressed I am by how smoothly the game runs now. I'm not experiencing any stuttering or slowdown issues or inaccessible areas of maps or any of the other graphics issues that used to be around. Everything has been smooth as silk, and all of GH's hard work has really paid off :D

In beta, the problem of ufo interceptors being able to intercept and intercept and intercept aircraft trying to run away became quite serious. A modifiable cooldown - airSuperiorityCooldownTime - was introduced so ufo interceptors would not chain-lock fleeing aircraft all the way to base.

You can "fix" it by either reducing the cooldown or increasing the speed of interceptors so in-flight your aircraft don't stand a good chance of running away.