[X:CE 3.0HF1- Geoscape] Base attacking ufo got stuck

winterwolves

Hi there

For the first time ever, I had my base defenses shoot down the incoming battleship (I had already hit it wit four plasma missiles and a corsair load of plasma bolts).

Now I have a landed UFO symbol simbal simble symble (how the hell do you spell that word? The first? it doesn't look right) over my base. Now I have a landed UFO icon over my base.

I can intercept the ufo with a drop ship (though I have not done the mission yet, just clicked abandon)

It has been sitting there a while now.

Has this happened to anyone else? Ever shot a UFO with base defenses before?

Sorry, I've kept playing, so don't have a save from before it landed. I probably have a save with it landed there. I imagine that is not very helpful though.

I have attacked the UFO now, and it is like attacking a landed battleship with all aliens alive. I ran away.

Skitso has posted this as a bug on the normal bug report forum, so he may have a more useful save?

Yeah, seems to happen every time your base defences shoot the assaulting ufo down before base attack. The symbol is just left over the base. Not sure if this is vanilla or CE problem though.

Don't have a save, but the bug is easy enough to replicate. Just build a base with lost of defence batteries and wait for the base assault to happen. :)