Saving on figher-only bases

Couldn't find this anywhere so I tested it: Looks like you don't need storerooms on fighter-only bases. Alloys and Allenium from shot down UFOs go straight to the main base storeroom.

I also see no use for living quarters on bases where I don't hire any soldiers/engineers/scientists.

Setting up fighter-only bases without storerooms and living-quarters saves 100k initial construction and 25k monthly upkeep per base. So if you go for one big main base and 4 small fighter-only bases you can save 400k on initial construction and 100k on upkeep a month. That's 1.6 million saved over a one-year campaign.

Any objections?

Great! All I could find on this forum was that you "need" a storeroom and a living quarters on every base. So I thought someone might profit if I share my personal insight.

I actually build a second base with living quarters in order to outsource my research. But a storeroom only on the main base, and the rest only hangars, radar and defense.