How to add an item as drop to melee enemies?

drages

Hey,

I was working on XMT aliens.. i want them to drop blood.. bigger aliens (vipers at mod) drops more blood..

I tried to first "xblood" as item to their belt.. didnt work..

I changed xblood type to ammo, but again after battle no dropped..

<Equipments>

<Equipment>

<PrimaryWeapon name="weapon.qspray" />

<Belt>

<Item name="ammo.xblood" />

</Belt>

</Equipment>

and

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.xblood</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s71"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="String">Uncapped</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/airplane/rocket</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>

</Row>

i want to use it to craft chemical weapon, but no luck.. they dont drop anything.. or i missed something..

what should i do? or any dead one can drop something additional to its corpse?

<Items killed="Items.XqueenCorpse" stunned="Items.Xqueen" /> here can i add more items to drop with corpse?

thx!

I stucked badly..

I created ammo.xblood . I put it to a vipers belt and ceasens noncombatand.. at gc editor mod, i killed a viper and checked the ammo and it was there.. then i finished mission with V... but there was no ammo.xblood at brifing.. i write strings,items,ammo,aiprob..

How cant i get that drop even i see it at ground as drop.. is it becouse an ammo without weapon?

what can i do them drop something to make me use them as manufacture element?

I realy out of answers now..

max help me!!

Understand that I haven't got XNT on my copy at the moment as it's a mess of unfinished mods. Let's have a think.....

Aha! I remember a guy by the name of aajs who had the same kind of problem. Let me find his thread....

Hmm.. have a look at this and this.

It seems you need to alter:

• items
  • strings
  • aiprops
  • ammos
  • weapons

You've done all of those, right?

Max let me ask u something else..

May i get more then 1 item after manufacture.. for example I collect 1 alien plasma rifle and I used them to manufacture more then one part.

1 rifle - manufacture (dismantle alien rifle) - 1 energy cube 1 rifle part 5 alloy..

It's like a reverse engineering... can I do that?

2. Question

Can i manufacture same thing from different items... i want to create 1 rifle.. 5 alloy or 3 allieum or 2 alien rifle. . Is it possible to code?

3. Question

Thx!

I had never tried this myself, but I know a modder who did and I looked at his work. The answer to questions 1 is yes, I believe so, but you must do it in a long manner.

Take a look at this:

<Row>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.SPDisassembly</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Extraterrestrial</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="Number">8</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="Number">8000</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.AlienSniperPlasma</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.PowerConverter" );StockItem( "Items.ElectromagneticArray" );StockItem( "Items.HolographicOptics" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );</Data></Cell>  </Row>

and this:

<Row>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.FRConversion</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Extraterrestrial</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="Number">50</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="Number">100000</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">60xItems.Alenium;1xItems.AlienFusionReactor</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"/>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.PowerCore" );StockItem( "Items.PowerCore" );StockItem( "Items.PowerCore" );</Data></Cell>  </Row>

This is taken from the final version of Sathra's Little Mod. You can see that he was able to list each item in turn, so you can have a piece of alien tech give up all sorts of components. If you want more than one component of each type, you have to enter the same field over and over again until you have as many of the item you want.

Yes. In fact, manufacturing aicraft weapons was originally part of the game. A common strat of the time was to fly with a sidewinder and a manufactured missile. You'd fire the sidewinder to force the enemy to evade. Then you'd fire the more expensive manufactured missile.

Max, how can i add more labels at manufacture.. there are only 4 (aircraft, soldier weapon, vechile and one more..)..

at the list under the manufacture.xml its written;

<Value>"Extraterrestrial,SoldierWeapons,Ammunition,Equipment,Armour,Vehicles,VehicleWeapons,Aircraft,AircraftWeapons"</Value>

but i cant use Extraterrestrial..

Edited by drages

I'm pretty certain the answer is in the scripts. I know that several of the manufacturable types were deliberately removed (extraterrestrials, vehicle weapons, aircraft weapons) before the release of the game as GH didn't have any need for them. Only I can't find the manufacturing script to check and see.

EDIT: found the script (workshopview). Having a look now.

EDIT 2: Nope, not there. Well, I don't know how those three were removed, but I know that they were deliberately removed. Perhaps it's hard coded then?

Edited by Max_Caine

I'm pretty certain the answer is in the scripts. I know that several of the manufacturable types were deliberately removed (extraterrestrials, vehicle weapons, aircraft weapons) before the release of the game as GH didn't have any need for them. Only I can't find the manufacturing script to check and see.

EDIT: found the script (workshopview). Having a look now.

EDIT 2: Nope, not there. Well, I don't know how those three were removed, but I know that they were deliberately removed. Perhaps it's hard coded then?

Aircraft Weapons can be used but Extraterrestrial and Equipment are not working..

Its just not a big deal but it would be better to organise things..

Max.. can we trigger a research or an event with time or another input rather then a GC mission?

Max,

1. can i change the research time of the reseach which just pop ups without ur order? Like autopsies?

2. is there a random element i can use in this game? Like random drop, random research (u got plasmarifle from enemy,u research it and it will give u % chance another tech?)...

3. Is an enemy type can only use one weapon standart? for example non-combadant ceasons uses only pistol? how can i make them use different weapons? a non-combatant ceason with rifle, pistol, cannon.. not same time ofcourse..

4. I want to make a capture mechanism like xcom.. i mean i want to make a building or even research to get the alive aliens captured..

What i got in my mind is so:

I capture an alien, i research it, then it runs away (as story), then another research pops to able to capture them normally.. if i can do this for a special enemy type, i would be happy!

tjx!

Edited by drages

1) Yes. The value is in gameconfig I believe.

2) No.

3) Yes. There are examples of how to do that in aiprops. Or at least, there *were* examples.

4 Well.... sort of. Make two research topics. Set the research requirement for the first topic a live alien. Set the second topic's research requirements the first topic. Then set all other live alien research to require the second topic as well as a live alien. That's one way of doing it. I honestly have no idea if there are any code hooks left for alien containment.

1-

<Equipments>       <Equipment>         <PrimaryWeapon name="weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle" />         <Belt>           <Item name="ammo.alienplasmacell" />           <Item name="weapon.aliengrenade" />         </Belt>       </Equipment>       <Equipment>         <PrimaryWeapon name="weapon.AlienSniperPlasma" />         <Belt>           <Item name="ammo.alienplasmacell" />           <Item name="weapon.aliengrenade" />         </Belt>       </Equipment>

I saw this at aiprop for example.. is this what i am looking for? So this enemy will use one of this set of equipment?

If its so, what is the chance to select one? Is it %50 if there is 2 set?

And another question.. is there a way to find out what did i wrong if Game crushes at GC loading screen? Is there a way to find out wich file gave error at least to check?