(Request) Intermediary VTOL Transport

Zenny

So I love Xenonauts (obviously), but I feel like it's rather lacking in the transport category. You get access to the Foxtrot Interceptor very early in the game, but you have to wait to get an upgrade for the Charlie.. I feel like some sort of conventional VTOL craft that you can choose to upgrade to along with the Foxtrot is needed. It would obviously be more expensive then the Charlie of course, but in exchange you could get an upgrade to 10 slots earlier, or an upgrade in speed over the Charlie. These are just ideas and can hopefully be expanded on in the thread.

Now for ideas on what this Intermediary VTOL transport should be. A few come to mind. There where plenty of Experimental VTOL transports being tested from the 1950's to 1980's. There's the V-22, obviously, which began development in 1981 under the JVX Aircraft Program. 1024px-US_Navy_120209-N-RE822-273_An_Osprey_makes_a_historic_first_landing_ce.jpg While it's development didn't pick up until the late 80's, its not unlikely that it would have been put into overdrive during an Alien invasion.

Then there's the lesser known XC-142, which began development in the 60's. 800px-Ling-Temco-Vought_XC-142A.jpg

While the real life program had many issues, the XC-142 could be an excellent base for a fictional aircraft, I also feel it fits the Xenonauts universe very well.

That's all I got. Hope it inspires you guys to make something cool. If anyone has any more ideas on the subject or has their own vehicles they want to add, post it.