Need Help

Hi Max,Yea sorry im new to the forum and also new to this kind of modding.Ok,so i have downloaded the Xenophobia mod.It comes down as a win rar file and then i press the Modding tools icon in the launcher then i press install mod. Also if i wanted to use say 5 different mods do they merge altogether?. Thanks again for the help ;-).

There are two "latest versions". There's the vanilla game, which is v1.09. Then there's the Community Edition (shortened to CE), which is currently 0.30. The easy way to check which version of the game you have is to look in the top right hand corner of the game launcher. It will tell you which version of the game you have. If vanilla, it won't say "vanilla", it will say something like Xenonauts version 1.09 or some such. If CE, it will say UNOFFICAL: Then the version, then some amusing phrase, such as Die Dreadnought. You need the offical vanilla version, not the unoffical CE version.

I have never used Xenophobia as I use my copy of the game as a testbed for various modding projects, but having done some research on the Xenophobia thread AND_GREAT has a step-by-step process to installing Xenophobia which should make the process slightly more complicated but should insure you have a successful install. take a look. If you have more problems installing Xenophobia you will need to ask on the Xenophobia thread, as that's where you will get the most help.

Mods will only merge with the Community Edition of Xenonauts. If you follow AND_GREAT's instructions, you will install a copy of the Community Edition onto your copy of Xenonauts as part of the install process.

I would strongly suggest that if you have the room on your hard drive you make a copy of the standard game and mod the copy, so if things go horribly wrong you still have a standard game to work with, and you don't have to re-download the game completely.